Neil Balme | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Neil Balme

asian tetley said:
There are mistakes.
Then there are howlers and Benny & Peg made a howler.
That's right the past is the past.
That's what Peggy & Benny want the membership to believe.
They've had their chance and they muffed it big time.
They don't deserve any more time.
Any wonder people go on about it.
The culprits are still there!!
Where's the accountability?
Vote 1 Simon Wallace.

You do realise that Peggy & Benny have 2 votes between them, its a democracy & the WHOLE board votes on such issues

taztiger4 said:
You do realise that Peggy & Benny have 2 votes between them, its a democracy & the WHOLE board votes on such issues
It was Benny's recommendation to the Board that Damien be extended.
It was Benny's on going reviews of the football department after each of the three losing finals that came to the conclusion that all was ok.Stability was the mantra.

The E& Y review was only instigated after it all went pear shaped.
Benny had no choice, he had to instigate a " real " review.
For all those years prior he stone wallled by saying ongoing reviews were taking place.
He must take responsibility for misleading the membership.
O'Neil must take responsibility as President.
The President, the CEO & the Board who mislead the membership for all those years, must be held accountable.

yandb said:
Asian, Simon has assured us that he would maintain the status quo

You can now read it for yourself. As he's standing for election that is not the status quo.
Simon Wallace has put his prospectus back up as well as an update referencing the changes made in the interim.
Can be accessed from the Simon Wallace thread on this page or www.gotiges.com.au

Good reading, I recommend it. (even at 21 pages for the prospectus plus the update)
As well as the much shorter Casey one. www.tiger-land.com.au

And who said he isn't the messiah?

Neil Balme: "I haven't been at Richmond too long. We haven't lost a game yet and we've already won a Brownlow!"

https://twitter.com/3AWSportsToday/status/800607895834357761

WesternTiger said:
And who said he isn't the messiah?

Neil Balme: "I haven't been at Richmond too long. We haven't lost a game yet and we've already won a Brownlow!"

https://twitter.com/3AWSportsToday/status/800607895834357761

:hihi

Would be funny to hear what he says to his wife after each day at the new office. Talk about having to clean up a mess. Richardson and Blair, both hopeless. NB probably told Morris to grow a beard, so Richardson wont recognize him around the club. As for Yarran, the less said the better.

Ghost of Punt Road said:
Boy did Balme sound like a dinosaur on SEN this week.

Swore repeatedly that doping happened in all sports except AFL.

Just doesn't come across as bright or modern.

I think that was more theatre than anything else

Ghost of Punt Road said:
Boy did Balme sound like a dinosaur on SEN this week.

Swore repeatedly that doping happened in all sports except AFL.

Just doesn't come across as bright or modern.

He's not Robinson Cursoe on that front. Even the reigning premiership coach believes the bomber 34 shouldn't have been banned....

What Neil did sound confident about this week on SEN was the future of Yarran. Surprised no one raised it last night or earlier today. I think it was very clear in his message that it was unlikely Yarran would remain at the RFC.

Neil Balme on 3AW...quote of the week

"I haven't been at Richmond too long. We haven't lost a game yet and we've already won a Brownlow".

What I like about Balmey is that he is a pragmatist. His approach is no more compicated than " this is the problem, this is what we have do " and he does it or gets it done.

Sintiger said:
What I like about Balmey is that he is a pragmatist. His approach is no more compicated than " this is the problem, this is what we have do " and he does it or gets it done.

Sintiger said:
What I like about Balmey is that he is a pragmatist. His approach is no more complicated than " this is the problem, this is what we have do " and he does it or gets it done.

Balme will firstly have to learn for himself the Byzantine politics of the place and who to listen to and who to pretend to listen to while actually totally ignoring them.

He has been in deluded footy environments before, saying things that keep the established fools happy is part of the process in buying enough time to make changes - and that includes the fools outside of the club who believe that something as broken as Richmond can be turned around quickly.

Neil Balme the Footy Gm is the same Neil Balme that played for us.

Direct, doesnt suffer fools, skilled and knows how to play the game.

As for the so called fools outside the football club who believe things cant be turned around with some good old fashioned footy nous.

You can please yourself what you believe.

Balme's certainly brought some footy nous to the club.
Imagine how the Yarran debacle would have gone down, if Balme wasn't at the club.
Next 12 months will be very interesting.
Hopefully he can entice more capable people to the club.

Mappa said:
Neil Balme the Footy Gm is the same Neil Balme that played for us.

Direct, doesnt suffer fools, skilled and knows how to play the game.

Will also stick up for his own and extract fierce revenge when given the opportunity