Neil Balme | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Neil Balme

Hocking was also approached several months ago by Richmond to take over the head of football role later filled by Neil Balme.

From Caro's article today. Appears we weren't just sitting on our hands for the past 6 months as some would believe...

WesternTiger said:
Hocking was also approached several months ago by Richmond to take over the head of football role later filled by Neil Balme.

From Caro's article today. Appears we weren't just sitting on our hands for the past 6 months as some would believe...

What was the point of the review then?

It's easy to forget Balmey was a successful coach at Norwood and to a lesser extent Melbourne. Coached over 400 sanfl and afl games.

Ghost of Punt Road said:
Well, not if you keep reminding us it isn't!
Yeah but ...its easy to forget Balmey was a successful coach at Norwood and to a lesser extent Melbourne. Coached over 400 sanfl and afl games.

I've heard that Balme has coached more than 400 games, in the VFL and SANFL. Was quite successful too apparently.

WesternTiger said:

No it was longer than that.
Was apparent to most after the first elim loss.
Should have been apparent to all at the club after the Port debacle.
Too many years of sleepng & denial by our brains trust.

TT33 said:
I'm confused, what have I forgotten?
Allow me. It's easy to forget Balmey was a successful coach at Norwood and to a lesser extent Melbourne. Coached over 400 sanfl and afl games.

tigertim said:
Allow me. It's easy to forget Balmey was a successful coach at Norwood and to a lesser extent Melbourne. Coached over 400 sanfl and afl games.

Ah thanks ttim, I'd forgotten that. Nice of you to remind me
Now, where are my car keys!!!