Neitz wants a fair go! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Neitz wants a fair go!

zacs56

Watch out, the Tigers are coming to get you!
Mar 31, 2003
Did anyone read the above article in today's Herald Sun. The main gist of it was that Melbourne are sooking to the umpires about Neitz not getting a fair go with free kicks awarded to him :'(ie. has only had about 6 frees for and 17 paid against him. What a load of crap! When they played against us Andy Kellaway took a great mark in front of him, and fell to the ground - what does poor old Neitz do? He shoves poor Andy's face into the ground - no 50 metre penalty to AK, no report for unduly rough play. So Neiter dont sook to us about not getting a fair go. Crawl back under your rocks around the MCG with your fellow supporters. Oh, I forgot they will all be heading up to the snow by now! ;D ;D

Dean3

Older than I've ever been
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
IMO Richo gets a raw deal too - is often mauled in marking contests and gets pinged very quickly in forward ruck duels. But if they start giving away holding free kicks to Richo, then Gas might find himself in trouble doing the same to Neitz et al.

I think the blocking off the ball is one the umps have got to start watching and pinging. Tarrant gets 5 metres on opponents quite often as Rocca blocks his opponent. I dont think that is fair 50 metres off the ball.

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
IMO Forwards in general get a very raw deal from umpires. The amount of hanging on that backmen get away with is out of hand.