New Captain | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

New Captain

Who should be our next Captain

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Can you add Kane Lambert please Bones?
I could theorically change one of the responses above to Kane Lambert, eg Jack Reiwoldt. I can't add more options unfortunately, it is currently maxed out.

Reactions: 1 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
I could theorically change one of the responses above to Kane Lambert, eg Jack Reiwoldt. I can't add more options unfortunately, it is currently maxed out.
Lambert is a good option.

Are we brave enough to have a PRE poll without the obligatory cheese sandwich option?

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Lambert is a good option.

Are we brave enough to have a PRE poll without the obligatory cheese sandwich option?
Yer, bloody stupid. Just get rid of it. Who eats a cheese sandwich anyway? So boring. At least toast it.

But if you couldn't care less about the topic, surely you just pass by?

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Jack R said something on 360 about how the older crew being around the club for the next 1,2,3 years it will be helpful for the next person coming through. Does that allude to it being someone younger then?

Rancey18

Tiger Champion
Mar 15, 2014
I voted for Graham - but would be happy if Grimes did it for a year or two before handing it on to him.

Punt n Brunton

Tiger Purist
Sep 17, 2003
I voted for Grimes. I think he fills the role for the next 2 years before we decide on the next captain. There isn't a standout choice in the younger brigade at this time, and I think it's way too early for Jack Graham. Needs to work on his on field consistency before he can be considered.

Reactions: 3 users

BiddiscombeSkills

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 2, 2005
Takes a pretty special character to be an effective captain at a young age. Cotch was (and remains) a born leader capable of and willing to drive cultural change in an environment that is traditionally resistant to cultural change. And he went about it from day one. That's once in a generation stuff, and we should be wary about appointing another youngster and hoping lightning will strike twice (sorry J Graham).

I don't see another young Cotch waiting in the wings. The next-best candidates are predominantly his contemporaries, and even then there's no obvious standout.

Head says Grimes. Heart says Martin. Either way, I expect the tenure of our next captain to be shorter.

Reactions: 6 users