New Captain | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

New Captain

Who should be our next Captain

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Feeling Tigerish

Tiger Champion
Apr 11, 2009
Not on the list but if he was I'd vote for Kane Lambert, getting on like many of those others but just reckon he's made of the right stuff.
100% this bloke. Speaks incredibly well to the media and is a great example on the field. His football journey demands respect, never gave up, and became a 3 time premiership player. Has to be Lambert in my opinion

Reactions: 1 user

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Thought Graham but not so sure now - he's had some real poor performances and we don't want to be in a situation where we have to drop our captain.

nikolasmia

Tiger Superstar
Sep 3, 2007
Problem with Graham is, if we actually draft some midfielders that can get the pill, he might get dropped

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Agree with others that Graham is too young. He still needs to focus on being a consistently good footballer before taking captaincy of an AFL club on.

We are not in the window to have a skipper learn on the job as well. That can come in a few years.

Don't really get following the same script with him as Chimp. i.e. a young captain.

We are unlikely to see someone with Chimp's combination of maturity, football ability and leadership in our midst for quite some time. Let alone at the age he was showing it.

Unfair on Jack. Graham that is.

If he wants it - Dusty for Leysy. He really is a very good leader now and the responsibility might really invest him to elevate him and the team. Imagine him looking the team in the eye before the game to follow his lead...

If not, Grima.

Reactions: 1 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
The finger in the ass makes vlas a no. Bad bad bad pr
He could at least say if the team refuse to get prostate checks, he's happy to support them.
Additionally he can then demonstrate how they "pull their fingers out" when a sense of urgency is required.

• Haha

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Said previously I'd like to see Lambert get the gig.... maybe a couple of young vice captains who Cotch could assist in mentoring prior to exit.
If we start teetering on the edge of irrelevance over the next couple of years, we're gonna need a mentally tough bloke at the top, because we all know those who will be death riding us will be going their hardest!

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
I've been thinking for a while now that it'll be Vlastuin. But now i think it'll be Grimes.

But its great that there are so many opinions. there are so many leaders in our squad.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
I'm cooling on Graham too. Nank or Lambert for me. Grimes while a worthy candidate makes no sense to me due to his age.

nikolasmia

Tiger Superstar
Sep 3, 2007
Don't rule out Tom Lynch.

He is my pick.

Great leader, and he has done it before, young enough to do it for the next 3/4.

Reactions: 2 users

pete and tys

Tiger Superstar
Feb 19, 2009
JR was VC so he is currently captain.
Can't see any issue letting him continue on this year.
He likes the role, is a good media example and still a great footballer.
Once he retires someone else can have a go and perhaps by then the choice will be obvious.
No one else stands out at the moment.
He would be great.
Dusty and Sheds as VC s.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I’m guessing early February gs, lots of options so they’ll take their time with this I’d imagine

Grimes, Lynch , Shedda

Great, looking forward to another five months of this "who will be the next captain" speculation

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Great, looking forward to another five months of this "who will be the next captain" speculation
The poll closes Sept 28th.

After that, the judges decision is final. No correspondence shall be entered into. Blah blah.

I'm sure everyone on PRE and in the media will move along happily and there'll be no second guessing what the players and the club identify as the best candidate.

• Love