New clash jumper - reversed strip | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

New clash jumper - reversed strip

You can already purchase the commemorative premiership trad jumper online. My finger hovered over the button.... But I did not click! Because I want the clash one! Where is it Richmond!?

ToraToraTora said:
You can already purchase the commemorative premiership trad jumper online. My finger hovered over the button.... But I did not click! Because I want the clash one! Where is it Richmond!?

I can't find it either! Just a few for $140 on eBay!

Legends of 1980 said:
To be honest, after the first few minutes getting used to it, all I could see was our players out there running around representing our club
Spot on.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Someone said this elsewhere, it's how traditions start. I reluctantly had to agree.
It is. Now we have two jumpers and the kids will love them both. I accepted it a while back so it didn't bother me at all. I'm glad the club didn't let it become a distraction for even a second. The players did the right thing by staying in the jumpers they played in all night and the next day. That jumper is special to them now, to me too, and plenty of others I'm sure. We brought the drought in it. It's yellow and black. What's not to love?

Al Bundy said:
Irrespective of the people's stance on the issue, at the game yesterday, I for one, at the end of the game, was glad the players in the end stayed in the strip/jumper they wore and played in. They'll connect with that jumper they wore and won the premiership in. It would have been wrong to go back to the traditional strip. Glad they decided to do that.

yeah I think that's why the chose not to change.

The current bid for Martin's jumper is $7300. Nice earner for the club.
https://auctiondesq.sportstg.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category&CategoryID=7406&OrgID=1751

No comment on this by Bartlett on SEN this morning ;D

We now have 2 jumpers to be proud of even though I was disappointed we didn't have our traditional jumper on the day.

Thought the same. We grabbed them a couple of times, with no penalty, but the yellow, stretched jumper really stood out

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
I'll say this for the clash jumper - it's easy for the umpires to see when the opposition has a handful of it.
Agree on this too that yellow stands out a mile off.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
I'll say this for the clash jumper - it's easy for the umpires to see when the opposition has a handful of it.
I agree here. We would have missed a number of free kicks if the bulk of jumper was black. That yellow is striking and easy to see. I actually do not mind it - good memories.

Catters most free kicks 2017 with 514 then Crows 497. Tigers came in with 470 equal 3rd with Giants.

Against..... Tigers with 529 then Catters 527 Giants 517 Crows 500

These totals include finals

It only looks good cause we won a flag in it...I hope it is never worn again..particularly in Grand Final.

One good thing is that teams in a lighter strip get a better run from the umpires

HR said:
I agree here. We would have missed a number of free kicks if the bulk of jumper was black. That yellow is striking and easy to see. I actually do not mind it - good memories.

Reckon Gill did us a favour here - had he realised we'd get an advantage in holding frees I betcha he'd have forgotten all about the clash!

Its sacrilegious I know, but after the past week of being 100% immersed in the grand final and all the imagery - seeing the team in our traditional jumpers looked odd. (I may of watched the QF and PF's again :hihi) I reckon the reverse strip has become a Tiger icon in its own right. I'd buy one now, whereas I never would of considered before.

maverick said:
Its sacrilegious I know, but after the past week of being 100% immersed in the grand final and all the imagery - seeing the team in our traditional jumpers looked odd. (I may of watched the QF and PF's again :hihi) I reckon the reverse strip has become a Tiger icon in its own right. I'd buy one now, whereas I never would of considered before.

Yes agree and we now have 2 legitimate or traditional ;D jumpers

Herald Sun said we can't produce the Clash jumpers quick enough, after winning the GF in them everyone wants one, Ka-Ching!!!!

I reckon if we had the same sponsors next year there would be a lot more jumpers available for sale.