New clash jumper - reversed strip | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

New clash jumper - reversed strip

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Seems as though we'll have a new AFL clash jumper this season. Reversed much like the VFL number with no black sash on the back.
Personally I think that this will be an improvement on the current one. If you're going to have a clash jumper then may as well be the reverse of what we have.

Belly

Tiger Cub
Oct 4, 2006
I'm not so sure.

I like the idea of drawing upon a heritage jumper as a clash strip something Brisbane are set to do in 2015.

pahoffm

No one player is bigger than the club.
Mar 24, 2004
Tigers of Old said:
Seems as though we'll have a new AFL clash jumper this season. Reversed much like the VFL number with no black sash on the back.
Personally I think that this will be an improvement on the current one. If you're going to have a clash jumper then may as well be the reverse of what we have.

So, after so many years, we've finally gone for the black sash on a yellow jumper?

If so, should have been this way years ago. Patience for eventual effective reform always!

Too many were previously, unjustifiably concerned that it would look too much like the old WA state jumper.

DeathNinthandTaxes

Richmond 'till we die
Nov 4, 2007
Belly said:
I'm not so sure.

I like the idea of drawing upon a heritage jumper as a clash strip something Brisbane are set to do in 2015.
Two choices, black and yellow stripes or black and yellow hoops are our non sash heritage jumpers. wouldn't clash with many looking like a giant wasp!

pahoffm

Mar 24, 2004
DeathNinthandTaxes said:
Two choices, black and yellow stripes or black and yellow hoops are our non sash heritage jumpers. wouldn't clash with many looking like a giant wasp!

Hoops would clash with the Adelaide main jumper.

And the stripes look too much like the Hawthorn main jumper

Is there a web link to the new design?

DeathNinthandTaxes

Richmond 'till we die
Nov 4, 2007
Phantom said:
Hoops would clash with the Adelaide main jumper.

And the stripes looks too much like the Hawthorn main jumper
Yeah we used that striped one as a heritage round jumper once, it really didn't feel like i was watching Richmond!

pahoffm

Mar 24, 2004
Tigers of Old said:
Sufficient water under the bridge now given it was 20 years ago.

That's what I thought 10 years ago, or whenever the need for a clash jumper first came up.

It was why there were so many WA Tiger supporters prior to Westcoast being created.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Ian4 said:
where is the source on this? and is there a link?

Someone on another site apparently received an email from BLK confirming it. It also makes sense that there was a huge sale to get rid of the old clash jumpers.

Can't say I'm happy about it. Don't see the problem with our normal jumper with a bit more yellow - has the tradition. As someone else said, we will probably have to wear this one more often. If we end up holding up our next cup wearing this crap, it won't feel like a Richmond premiership as I had imagined it for 30 odd years.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Phantom said:
That's what I thought 10 years ago, or whenever the need for a clash jumper first came up.

It was why there were so many WA Tiger supporters prior to Westcoast being created.

Think it's more because the concept of SoO football now looks dead and buried that I've mellowed over time.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
DragicevicFan said:
Agree this is the best option for the clash jumper.

Unfortunately, this will mean we will start wearing it much more often.
That's my concern. Once you start doing this, it seems to become 'necessary' more and more often.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
No doubt we would all love to keep the black with yellow sash jumper and do away with clash strips altogether.
However if it must be done then tradition has to start somewhere I guess.
Therefor if we keep this reverse strip design forever I'd be pleased but if we keep chopping and changing the design year after year that is where brand gets watered down.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
BrisTiger24 said:
Someone on another site apparently received an email from BLK confirming it. It also makes sense that there was a huge sale to get rid of the old clash jumpers.

Can't say I'm happy about it. Don't see the problem with our normal jumper with a bit more yellow - has the tradition. As someone else said, we will probably have to wear this one more often. If we end up holding up our next cup wearing this crap, it won't feel like a Richmond premiership as I had imagined it for 30 odd years.

Personally I've always like the idea of the reverse jumper, used to love the WA jumper, the big V was too Carlton-like for me, and I really really hate Carlton and anything Carlton-like. I didn't know about the reluctance based on the resemblance. I find that a little odd. As for wearing it in a GF, come on Bris tiger, as if. You're catastrophising.

(But if we did, I'd still party like it was 1980... :cool:

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
BrisTiger24 said:

when spain won the world cup in 2010 they had to wear their clash strip in the final, but they put on their home shirts during the presentation ceremony. i can't see why we wouldn't be able to do that as well.

personally i can live with it as long as it looks classy - not tacky (unlike that essendon monstrosity). after the issues of the west coast away game and the port adelaide final, its clear that our current clash jumper is not suitable in the eyes of the AFL (well, more really the eyes of TV, but they do pay the bills i guess).

i would still argue that wearing yellow shorts in away games where our kit clashes with other teams is the real solution to this, but for whatever reason its not being considered.

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
This is the logical move if we are being forced (which it appears) to have a genuine clash jumper.

Look at it this way;
It has yellow
It has black
It has a sash

Well done Tiges.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
This was posted on BF.

80A7A3F4-F4B0-4B46-9340-4A2E5081A3C6.png

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/new-clash-strip.1075457/page-16

pahoffm

Mar 24, 2004
Tigers of Old said:
No doubt we would all love to keep the black with yellow sash jumper and do away with clash strips altogether.
However if it must be done then tradition has to start somewhere I guess.
Therefor if we keep this reverse strip design forever I'd be pleased but if we keep chopping and changing the design year after year that is where brand gets watered down.

Agree

The key to tradition is beginning it, persevering with it, until it feels like home.