New VFL Coach | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

New VFL Coach

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
;)it's got to be a cost reduction. They haven't had playing coaches since the 70s have they?
There may have been since then but i can't remember the last time we had one.

Wasn't @taztiger4 a playing coach back in his day, the 70's sounds about right:mhihi;)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
It’s becoming a bit of a thing. Tyson Goldsack at Port Adelaideis a playing coach, Tom Lynch will be at North. Now Steve Morris with us.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Somewhat interesting that Newman, Grigg and now Rance go to other clubs to do their apprenticeship. Even Chaplain and Bachelor.

However Maric and Morro have stayed within the club and progressed to development roles.

Not sure the takeaway. Perhaps the bigger name premiership players are more in demand from other clubs.

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Funny also that we all thought Morro had photos of dimma, as he kept getting games after the game had passed him. Clearly a much loved and admired clubman.

nswtiger

tiger army tiger army!! thank you very much
Feb 14, 2005
Nrth NSW
reminds me of an old fashion player-coach.

I will tell you what and how to play .then i will show you.............

I like it ...........good get .................a well rounded player and person ............. a true tiger/Richmond man ...........

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
So it does, not a fan of playing head coach.
A playing coach needs to have very strong support staff, especially for a developing side.
For our young squadwe would need the assistant line coaches to be very involved on game day

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014

I like it ...........good get .................a well rounded player and person ............. a true tiger/Richmond man ...........
Agree with you, NSW. Plus Morro will make sure no one tries to mess around with our squad of youngsters ; he will be a 'protector.'. Good appointment.

shad

Tiger Champion
Apr 6, 2010
Castlemaine

Agree. I wish we had been able to get your boy to stick around long term in the VFL too.

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
Somewhat interesting that Newman, Grigg and now Rance go to other clubs to do their apprenticeship. Even Chaplain and Bachelor.

However Maric and Morro have stayed within the club and progressed to development roles.

Not sure the takeaway. Perhaps the bigger name premiership players are more in demand from other clubs.
I hope we keep Ivan for another decade. Keep having this nagging worry the Bombers will try to poach him at some stage in an attempt to get Noah Balta across also. They'll come after Noah the Bombers.

They slowly, slowly seem to be getting their act together, annoying as this is.