NFL & NCAA Football Threads | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

NFL & NCAA Football Threads

Mopsy

"I can feel Tigermania flowing through my veins"
Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
Falcons are *smile* and arent really playing for anything. If the Saints don’t win then they don’t deserve to be in the playoffs.
Unfortunately Saints are *smile* too, offensively at least.

Hill was a good once every now and then qb foil for Brees, but a stand alone signal caller he ain’t.

If the Saints go through its on the back of the defence, and I reckon M Ryan could light em up.

Dome game, I’m expecting points to go over from a betting perspective, which team ends up winning I really don’t care

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Unfortunately Saints are *smile* too, offensively at least.

Hill was a good once every now and then qb foil for Brees, but a stand alone signal caller he ain’t.

If the Saints go through its on the back of the defence, and I reckon M Ryan could light em up.
Maybe. Can’t see SF winning in LA. They’re average.

That So Fi Stadium looks amazing.

Mopsy

Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
Maybe. Can’t see SF winning in LA. They’re average.

That So Fi Stadium looks amazing.
LA are an interesting team.

Pushed all chips in on getting Stafford, then Von Miller.

Until he leads a team to at least a couple of play off wins Stafford will always be considered flakey.

Plus, they are the 49ers bitches.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv

Until he leads a team to at least a couple of play off wins Stafford will always be considered flakey.

Goofalopolous will throw at least 3 picks.

Mopsy

Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
Goofalopolous will throw at least 3 picks.
Ahhhh Jimmy G

Where did it all go wrong for SF at quarter back?

Shame they, and the NFL in general, couldn’t keep a leash on Kaepernick.

Bloke had his faults, but gee he had a cannon of an arm.

If taught to take pace off his throws reckon he could have been a star

Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Ahhhh Jimmy G

Where did it all go wrong for SF at quarter back?

Shame they, and the NFL in general, couldn’t keep a leash on Kaepernick.

Bloke had his faults, but gee he had a cannon of an arm.

If taught to take pace off his throws reckon he could have been a star
Nah. He panicked and ran out of the pocket too much. None of his team mates knew what he was doing from one play to the next. In fact, I’d have Goofaloopolous over him and that’s saying something.

Mopsy

Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
Nah. He panicked and ran out of the pocket too much. None of his team mates knew what he was doing from one play to the next. In fact, I’d have Goofaloopolous over him and that’s saying something.

He‘s an interesting talking point for mine.

Took the 49ers to within a whisker of a Super Bowl win.

Reckon Jimmy G, or Alex Smith could do the same? Na, neither do I.

Bloke had ability, just needed the rough edges smoothed out, plus a less inflated opinion of his own self importance.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004

Yep. Rams lost the last 5 games against SF. Interesting game tomorrow.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
He‘s an interesting talking point for mine.

Took the 49ers to within a whisker of a Super Bowl win.

Reckon Jimmy G, or Alex Smith could do the same? Na, neither do I.

Bloke had ability, just needed the rough edges smoothed out, plus a less inflated opinion of his own self importance.
That 2013 team had a league offense ranking of 24th. The defense was 5th.

It was the defense that took them to the Super Bowl. They worked around Kaepernick’s faults (shocking completion rate of only 58%) which largely was to let him run.

The league caught up with that the next year and he was done after that.

Mopsy

Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
That 2013 team had a league offense ranking of 24th. The defense was 5th.

It was the defense that took them to the Super Bowl. They worked around Kaepernick’s faults (shocking completion rate of only 58%) which largely was to let him run.

The league caught up with that the next year and he was done after that.

Point well made, very well in fact.

I can’t disagree with the defence, they were simply brutal and awesome.

But I reckon the bones were there, is it an indictment on the coaching staff they couldn’t adjust and make it work? Or is it all on Kaepernick?

Regardless, it shows that the truly great QB’s - Brady and Montagna, and probably Rodgers, are so very hard to find.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Joey Burrows coming out party. He about to take over.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Point well made, very well in fact.

I can’t disagree with the defence, they were simply brutal and awesome.

But I reckon the bones were there, is it an indictment on the coaching staff they couldn’t adjust and make it work? Or is it all on Kaepernick?

Regardless, it shows that the truly great QB’s - Brady and Montagna, and probably Rodgers, are so very hard to find.
All those three do/did one thing - they largely stay in the pocket and look to pass. Not all that often do/did they run.

Too many quarterbacks coming out of college run around like headless chooks nowadays I reckon. They play against poor defenses that leave big gaps that they run through. That doesn’t happen at NFL level.

Look at Mac Jones and Burrow. They largely stay in the pocket. Fields and co panic and run. You’ve seen it with RG3 and a host of others as well the last 10 or 12 years.

Class, composure, have confidence in your arm, stick to the play called, reading the defense are keys. Use the run minimally I reckon.

Last edited:

Mopsy

Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
All those three do/did one thing - they largely stay in the pocket and look to pass. Not all that often do/did they run.

Too many quarterbacks coming out of college run around like headless chooks nowadays I reckon. They play against poor defenses that leave big gaps that they run through. That doesn’t happen at NFL level.

Look at Mac Jones and Burrow. They largely stay in the pocket. Fields and co panic and run. You’ve seen it with RG3 and a host of others as well the last 10 or 12 years.

Class, composure, have confidence in your arm, stick to the play called, reading the defense are keys. Use the run minimally I reckon.

I accept your point, you’re right, but it really does depend on your OL being able to protect the QB and stop the pocket from collapsing.

If they can’t, then a QB that has the ability to extend plays by using their legs/speed adds another dimension to an offence.

The 2 best at this at the moment are imo Allen and Jackson.

Ravens are cooked this year, injuries put paid to their season.

Bills are right up there amongst it still. Will be interesting to see if Allen can take them on an extended run through the post season.

Mopsy

Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
For a team with playoff aspirations the Colts sure are stinking it up against the lowly Jags