Nick Vlastuin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Nick Vlastuin

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Seems frustrated and disinterested
I'll quote this post by saying that I am starting to get off the 2017-20 Tiger train and walk towards the 2024- Tiger train as I reckon these 2-3 premiership players in our team are probably in their 2nd mind (close to retirement) and loss of hunger in wanting to build to the next flag. Let's start blooding the kids who have 0-1 flag in their history with us as their hunger is way bigger. The more hunger you have the bigger the effort and enthusiasm. Samson Ryan an example.

Reactions: 2 users

Tiger Superstar
Feb 28, 2008
Looked like he might have got one in the midriff from the glancing shepherd just before that.
I am actually very glad to hear that.
I didn’t see it at the time.
Just saw him stationary and appear to be ball watching.
Vloss ball watching was one of the more shocking and disturbing things I’ve seen on a football field for some time.
Thank goodness there is a plausible explanation.

Reactions: 1 user

gehring

Tiger Rookie
Oct 16, 2006
Worried about the head knocks
Vlas decline has been coming over last two years, is a brilliant intercept mark as a spare defender now with no stand rule is barely on his own and must defend against faster younger forwards. The do or die intensity is no longer there and i agree the head knocks may be an issue. Not writing him off but need a replacement coming through earlier than later.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Whats happened to this bloke? Seems to be every game at the moment where he is turning the ball over at the wrong times and wrong places of the ground and he gifts goals to teams.

Another one today from a kick in, in the 3rd, just massively uncharacteristic errors that he wouldn't have made a year or so ago. His kicking skills have always been elite and just seem to be dropping away a bit.

Reactions: 1 users

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
Paddy Dangerflog’s elbow says hi.

Never been the same since.

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
What happened to the guy that used to swoop in and intercept mark all game long?
He’s having to defend his man more often is the real answer. There’s no Rance or Astbury to shore up the backline any longer.

Balta is fine, but Nick’s game will fully come back once Broad gets back from suspension and Gibcus from injury.

Reactions: 3 users

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne
Is it just me or should we explore what we could get for him. I’m so over his ridiculous free kicks.

Reactions: 1 user

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Is it just me or should we explore what we could get for him. I’m so over his ridiculous free kicks.
I wanted him as captain when Cotchin stood aside. Seems to be only half interested. A first gamer in Wagner wanted the ball more than him.

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011

I'm staggered at how he was so astounded that he gave away that free kick in the first quarter.

Reactions: 2 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
In recent seasons he's been one of the best defenders in the AFL and extremely unlucky not to have at least one AA jacket.

Right now he looks like a washed up veteran.

Reactions: 1 users

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
He hasnt looked right since Danger sniped him.

He went from our most reliable ball in hand to a hacker.

Reactions: 4 users