No going back now! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

No going back now!

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Click on "Football" at the top and it'll take you back to the main thread table of contents
That was the GENERAL screen in the previous version but it showed the latest posts underneath. This one shows a few on the right side.

It's all a matter of getting used to I suppose.

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
Great new look that would benefit with a few tweaks to the layout of content:
  1. No need for Tiger TV to be so prominent on Dyertribe. It's a redundant thread. Archive it.
  2. Juniors/Rumours/Media take up too much room at the top.
  3. Too many sticky threads at the top - too much scrolling to try to find the latest active threads.
ie 2 and 3 require unnecessary scrolling

Otherwise, thanks so much for what you're doing here T.

I also like it that non-members can view but not post. That can get the clicks up for the site, if thhat helps at all, and enable top comments by our finest to be shared on unsocial media. Is it worth adding some share buttons for these?

Reactions: 1 users

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
I love the like button
I love the quote notifications x 100
I love that I can attach files even if it’s just a photo too large for the server to process
Love love love
I love that it’s mobile fit!

Reactions: 2 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I love the like button
I love the quote notifications x 100
I love that I can attach files even if it’s just a photo too large for the server to process
Love love love
I love that it’s mobile fit!

This is why I struggle. Why base everything on mobiles??

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
This is why I struggle. Why base everything on mobiles??
If you turn your mobile horizontally you may get a better experience.

All modern websites are what's called responsive, they change according to the device you are using... the forum on the desktop will have a similar feel, but on smaller screens, unless you got massive fingers, you should be able to experience the site the same way... take your time...

I think you are going to hate me when the actual design update comes this, this was the basic migration. :rolleyes:

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
If you turn your mobile horizontally you may get a better experience.

All modern websites are what's called responsive, they change according to the device you are using... the forum on the desktop will have a similar feel, but on smaller screens, unless you got massive fingers, you should be able to experience the site the same way... take your time...

I think you are going to hate me when the actual design update comes this, this was the basic migration. :rolleyes:

I won't hate you Mr T. It's just my luck that a majority of changes in web designs don't suit me. Some I like but most I haven't as I'm not a regular mobile user. What difference will the update have compared to this?

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Agree with some others. Too many boards and sticky threads at the top.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I also noticed the composing section (font, italics, colour, emojis) doesn't shown on IE as I've been using Chrome also.

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
Just when I was starting to get comfortable with the format, some bastard comes along n turns everything upside down n back to front n confuses the *smile* out of me.:mad::eek:
You did well to nail down the only functionality in old 15 years. You'll have this new format sorted by 2034, if not a bit sooner :)

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
Under the topic title is a series of numbers in small boxes. Click on the highest number and you will navigate to the last (most recent) page in the thread.
Cheers, can't see these on mob.... using the button at bottom of any topic page one to get to recent.... until i get smarterererer

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
Great new look that would benefit with a few tweaks to the layout of content:
  1. No need for Tiger TV to be so prominent on Dyertribe. It's a redundant thread. Archive it.
  2. Juniors/Rumours/Media take up too much room at the top.
  3. Too many sticky threads at the top - too much scrolling to try to find the latest active threads.
ie 2 and 3 require unnecessary scrolling

Otherwise, thanks so much for what you're doing here T.

I also like it that non-members can view but not post. That can get the clicks up for the site, if thhat helps at all, and enable top comments by our finest to be shared on unsocial media. Is it worth adding some share buttons for these?
Thanks TBH. Noted.

Reactions: 1 user