No going back now! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

No going back now!

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
I miss the rolling eyes the most, but there’s some really quirky ones i’ve only seen on Pre. Our heritage emoticons :D

Reactions: 1 user

Tigertough1974

Tiger Champion
Oct 1, 2013
Gday T, I would suggest the following changes.

When clicking into a thread to auto take you to where you last left/read

Also the time as others have pointed out is not easy to follow... For instance the post above mine is eZyT and it states 10.12am today, its Monday morning and 8.31am.... Pls correct this as its much easier to follow the actual time of each posters post!

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Gday T, I would suggest the following changes.

When clicking into a thread to auto take you to where you last left/read

Also the time as others have pointed out is not easy to follow... For instance the post above mine is eZyT and it states 10.12am today, its Monday morning and 8.31am.... Pls correct this as its much easier to follow the actual time of each posters post!
When you click in the thread title it will take you to where you were previously. However if you haven't been in a thread after the new migration it will take you to the first post. You will need to navigate to the most recent post yourself. After that it'll take you to the unread posts each time you enter.

Check your timezone settings.

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
I generally like the new look but one thing I miss is the ability to navigate from 1 thread to the next in a sub forum without going back out to the menu. Is this something that can be implemented?

Tigertough1974

Tiger Champion
Oct 1, 2013
When you click in the thread title it will take you to where you were previously. However if you haven't been in a thread after the new migration it will take you to the first post. You will need to navigate to the most recent post yourself. After that it'll take you to the unread posts each time you enter.

Check your timezone settings.

Cheers Harry, still doesn't bring me to the last post I read but you were correct the timezone was set to some obscure place, this has been corrected!.

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
When I go into a thread I haven't been in since the migration it lands on post #1. I then use the "Jump to new" button on the right hand side gets me to my unread posts. Seems to work fine.

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
Hey Mr T

I love the new look PRE. Took me a little while but now i'm used to it, i think its great. Very easy to navigate, I LOVE the ignore function, and the search capabilities. It all seems to be much more user-friendly, so kudos to you.

One minor gripe i have is that an individual posters avatar is displayed on the threads in Dyer Tribe. E.g. The Sydney Stack thread has an avatar of a miserable looking cat which i can't stand. I can't recall if this was the case for the old PRE or not...

Of course this is a minor cosmetic thing, so if there are other priorities or its too difficult to do, no dramas!

Otherwise everything is functioning well from my perspective.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Sometimes you forget which thread you've jumped into and have to scroll up to the top to see the thread title.
Thought I jumped into the Stack thread but was actually in the Ellis one, which left me confused.
Is it possible to freeze frame the thread title at the top of the screen with the menu bar?

Reactions: 1 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Champion
Aug 20, 2005
I don’t access to do that for some reason.

Mr T can you please help!

Are you sure? I just fixed mine today. Click the three lines in the top left then click settings (the bottom one) then the time zone is the second thing.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Sometimes you forget which thread you've jumped into and have to scroll up to the top to see the thread title.
Thought I jumped into the Stack thread but was actually in the Ellis one, which left me confused.
Is it possible to freeze frame the thread title at the top of the screen with the menu bar?
yep, agree with that. Easy to forget who we are rabbiting on about on occasion.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Are you sure? I just fixed mine today. Click the three lines in the top left then click settings (the bottom one) then the time zone is the second thing.
Not sure what I was doing earlier but finally fixed it. Thanks!

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
yep, agree with that. Easy to forget who we are rabbiting on about on occasion.
Was gonna post need a statue of him outside punt road in the ellis thread thinking I was in the Stack thread.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I want to nominate Mr.T for an Order of Australia, a knighthood even, for implementing an ignore button.

It essentially provides an executive summary of the gameday thread.

I'd love to see stats on the top 3 ignored posters. Although picking them is like picking the last 3 home in the all-star mile.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Coburgtiger

Tiger Champion
May 7, 2012
I want to nominate Mr.T for an Order of Australia, a knighthood even, for implementing an ignore button.

It essentially provides an executive summary of the gameday thread.

I'd love to see stats on the top 3 ignored posters. Although picking them is like picking the last 3 home in the all-star mile.

I had just been thinking that PRE has been unusually civil and lacking in incoherent tantruming recently.

I'd forgotten I'd almost worn through the ignore button within 30 seconds of the migration.