No man’s land | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

No man’s land

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Unfortunately it’s where we sit. The worst position for any AFL club to be in. Diabolical when you consider the lack of top line youth coming through.

Unlike Kane Cornes though, I don’t blame Hardwick and the list managers for going for glory one last time. Of course you load up when you have so much experience on the list. If Lynch was fit, who knows in 2023?

But we are where we are. Nowhere.

Neither contending nor actively building something.

Only one question remains for 2024 - how brutal does Yze need to be in selection?

Reactions: 7 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Unfortunately it’s where we sit. The worst position for any AFL club to be in. Diabolical when you consider the lack of top line youth coming through.

Unlike Kane Cornes though, I don’t blame Hardwick and the list managers for going for glory one last time. Of course you load up when you have so much experience on the list. If Lynch was fit, who knows in 2023?

Only one question remains for 2024 - how brutal does Yze need to be in selection?
This is what happens when you are successfully and still have many premiership players on your list.

We are on record as saying we will not bottom out (deliberately). But over time and as these premiership players slowly leave the bottoming out may naturally come.

What Yze does now? Firstly he will give these players every opportunity but Yze is no fool. He won’t be waiting until the end of the year to start the changing of the guard.

I want to see the kids introduced but not Norf like. Get them in with experience around them.

We saw it with Seth. I would like now to see another young player added this week.

Mcauliffe would be a great start.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Since 2017 we have had 25 picks in the ND not including rookie, sub picks or preseason picks

7 ND picks played on the weekend from his recruiting
Balta
Gibcus
Banks
Ross
Samson
Rioli
Dow

4 rookie picks since 2017
Baker
Young
Campbell
Aarts

Let's consider what we are doing in
selecting kids in the rookie draft we could try to implement also when it comes to selecting kids in the ND.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004

Shown it already with wanting the past memorabilia out of the way. The underperforming players are next. I'm glad we don't have a soft coach.

Reactions: 3 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004

Yze is coaching within the RFC machine, Carts. Under Livingstone.

RFC has a strategy in place. The recruitment of Taranto, Hooper and Koschitzke is part of this. These blokes can stop us from becoming a total rabble onfield. Now that all the stars are in decline or G-O-N-E.

The departure of Dogwick meant that we had to draft in the guts of a new coaching department at two minutes' notice. So there's a pretty fair chance we'll be tweaking that department all year and after the year or two it takes us to get it cemented.

And yeah, the SuperChunks are giving us very little as yet. There's nobody else coming through. (The hyphen ruck caught the football in the goalsquare recently!)

Yes, we are marking time.

Meanwhile Carlton is ripe for a beating this week. SRSLY. It's R2 or whatever. And there's no law against winning a football game.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
We started to bank draft picks in last years draft, I expect we will continue to do this.

Load up on draft picks before the Tassie side gets to pick the eyes out of the draft.

In Blair, Balmey and Tim Livingston we trust.

Reactions: 6 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Yze is coaching within the RFC machine, Carts. Under Livingstone.

RFC has a strategy in place. The recruitment of Taranto, Hooper and Koschitzke is part of this. These blokes can stop us from becoming a total rabble onfield. Now that all the stars are in decline or G-O-N-E.

The departure of Dogwick meant that we had to draft in the guts of a new coaching department at two minutes' notice. So there's a pretty fair chance we'll be tweaking that department all year and after the year or two it takes us to get it cemented.

And yeah, the SuperChunks are giving us very little as yet. There's nobody else coming through. (The hyphen ruck caught the football in the goalsquare recently!)

Yes, we are marking time.

Meanwhile Carlton is ripe for a beating this week. SRSLY. It's R2 or whatever. And there's no law against winning a football game.
Dogwick :)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
'Give us the 1st pick and walk away"
mad max GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users