Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland

Noah is the only one in this weeks line up without a premiership medal. Let's hope they can win the next 3 games for Noah

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
To be honest I don't get the Balta not playing well with Dave in the side.First of all give them time had 2 games together to settle and we have always played with 2 key backs.

Reactions: 1 user
To be honest I don't get the Balta not playing well with Dave in the side.First of all give them time had 2 games together to settle and we have always played with 2 key backs.

You don't need Astbury now.
Our best back 6 are
Grimes
Big V
Balta
Short
Baker
Broad.

Astbury sets us back.
He is like playing Cathwaite. instead of helping he is just making it worse

You don't need Astbury now.
Our best back 6 are
Grimes
Big V
Balta
Short
Baker
Broad.

Astbury sets us back.
He is like playing Cathwaite. instead of helping he is just making it worse
mmm, "I won't say anything in case I say something."

• Haha
Could be a very handy “ utility” next week, I’d imagine DTLD will get Dixon which may free up Balta to have a bit of a run off half back , in saying that I’m sure we’d like to keep near by to help Astbury out

Looking lost at the moment... hasn’t quite learnt the flow of a game beyond the arc, why he is so good in backline with game coming at him

I mentioned in the game day thread against the Saints that since Astbury returned to the ide, Balta seems to have struggled ... maybe not certain about the role he is now playing.
For me, I would rather see Balta playing second ruck, even occasionally playing as a forward, than I would Chol being selected against Port.
My fear is that playing Chol would mean that the Tigers are going in undermanned with 21 having a red hot crack.

I guess the question is do we want a ruck / forward or a ruck / defender. I reckon Nank can play both if need be, Balta is more ruck / defender these days and Chol is a ruck / forward.

Agree with others that Balta or even Astbury can be the back up ruck if need be. Chol is still more hit and miss with what he brings to the game which you can’t afford in a prelim final.

Reactions: 2 users