Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland

Better that the Michael Laffy ones, he had a Laffy night last night.

No disrespect to Mick Laffy, he played more AFL footy that most on here.
I’ll raise you Johnny Manton stubbing his toe whilst attempting a kick in from a behind and then conceding a goal :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
I’ll raise you Johnny Manton stubbing his toe whilst attempting a kick in from a behind and then conceding a goal :ROFLMAO:
Classic Basement Tigers that was against the hawks from memory and duffed it straight to Dunstall I think.

Sick of hearing the Rance comparisons.
But it’s an absolute deadset fact

In his first couple of years Rance was fearless but had very little footy smarts or awareness.
He grew beyond that to become the champ we knew and know

Balta is capable of being a (long) career full back for us

Reactions: 1 users
But it’s an absolute deadset fact

In his first couple of years Rance was fearless but had very little footy smarts or awareness.
He grew beyond that to become the champ we knew and know

Balta is capable of being a (long) career full back for us
It suggests that Balta has any chance of being as good as Rance. One of the greatest FB's in history. There was a lot more to him than just athleticism. Rance was very special. Noah has no chance of living up to that. Barely anyone does. Seems unfair to him if anything.

Reactions: 3 users
The 1st quarter, he was extremely bad. Thought he improved but I don`t think he`s getting much support from the others. Grimes, for example, 9 disposals 6 turnovers. Balta at least had 10 intercepts, 9 contested possessions and 3 contested marks. Needs to clean-up his decision making but geez was he the only 1 in that backline? They were deplorable.
I thought Tyler Young stood up pretty well for one so inexperienced. I was sceptical at first but now see he has something we need as a key defender

Reactions: 4 users
Balta,Balta,Balta.What can one say about this enigma of footballdom?Goes from being full on focused to some individual that swallowed some 70s qualudes and has gone troppo..........................................

Classic Basement Tigers that was against the hawks from memory and duffed it straight to Dunstall I think.
Yep. One of Dunstall's 17 for the game. I remember sitting in the outer at Waverley watching it and thinking it was like watching the local 2nds side playing. If you think we are unskilled and clueless today then you haven't lived my friends. Going to the footy to support the Tigers back then was a true test of loyalty, resilience and humour.

It suggests that Balta has any chance of being as good as Rance. One of the greatest FB's in history. There was a lot more to him than just athleticism. Rance was very special. Noah has no chance of living up to that. Barely anyone does. Seems unfair to him if anything.
Not suggesting that at all.
But who was suggesting - after his first few seasons - that Rance would become one of the greatest FB’s in history?

Whatever - I’d prefer to leave Balta in place at FB and let’s find out how good he becomes.

Yep. One of Dunstall's 17 for the game. I remember sitting in the outer at Waverley watching it and thinking it was like watching the local 2nds side playing. If you think we are unskilled and clueless today then you haven't lived my friends. Going to the footy to support the Tigers back then was a true test of loyalty, resilience and humour.
Youd go just for the laughs and social aspect delighting in turning up every week to watch a horrendous footy side get its arse handed to it .

It was character building, and Tigers fans got respect for turning up unlike these days.

Todays soft arse cuddlepies wouldnt survive especially at VFL Park in July.

Youd go just for the laughs and social aspect delighting in turning up every week to watch a horrendous footy side get its arse handed to it .

It was character building, and Tigers fans got respect for turning up unlike these days.

Todays soft arse cuddlepies wouldnt survive especially at VFL Park in July.
or Moorabbin. Spend more time on trains getting too and from the ground than you spent watching the footy. The ground was usually a mud pit even if it hadn't rained for a month, get flogged, get covered in mud having a kick on the ground after the game and get back on trains for the long trip home. Ahh the bad old days.

or Moorabbin. Spend more time on trains getting too and from the ground than you spent watching the footy. The ground was usually a mud pit even if it hadn't rained for a month, get flogged, get covered in mud having a kick on the ground after the game and get back on trains for the long trip home. Ahh the bad old days.
Suffering the post sugar high from the pies or sausage rolls , hot chips in polystyrene cups the cans of Coke and the hot jam donuts (my personal go to).

Glasses Seinfeld GIF
I like Balta as a player but geez this is vibe I get sometimes…

End the farce and play him forward.
People are talking about lack of smarts.....at least in defence he can follow a person to the ball, or chase a forward.
He doesn't have the nous to be an AFL forward. He definitely has the athleticism, but not the smarts. We proved that last year I thought.

Reactions: 2 users
People are talking about lack of smarts.....at least in defence he can follow a person to the ball, or chase a forward.
He doesn't have the nous to be an AFL forward. He definitely has the athleticism, but not the smarts. We proved that last year I thought.
Least we can kick it too him and at worst its a 50/50 ball
atm oppos are kicking to their fwd with Balta 10mtrs behind out of position.

Least we can kick it too him and at worst its a 50/50 ball
atm oppos are kicking to their fwd with Balta 10mtrs behind out of position.
My concern is, he's not smart where he leads to the ball. So instead of one on one contests, he'll take his defender to a contest that disadvantages himself.
Alternatively instead of creating space for our other key forward, he takes himself and his defender with him.

Few things about Alex Rance..
He absolutely worked his arse off to be the best he could be & get every ounce of his talent to the point where he became obsessive until he retired.
He was also a natural leader, a good listener & a good learner.

I too am sick of the comparisons.

Balta has to show this season that he can be our main man in defence.
It's contract year & he will have a price on the market.
I'm happy for Noah to stay a Tiger but right now it ain't an open cheque book.
Every player has a $ value & a trade value & he is no different.

Reactions: 2 users
Balta did a dumb thing.

Vlastuin did ten.

Bolton at least 4.

The only one not doing dumb things at the moment is Jack Riewoldt.

It sucks when you do your dumb things at full back. For some reason a dumb thing that costs a goal is heaps worse than one that doesn't score one. Our whole midfield was guilty of hundreds of those.

Reactions: 4 users
Balta did a dumb thing.

Vlastuin did ten.

Bolton at least 4.

The only one not doing dumb things at the moment is Jack Riewoldt.

It sucks when you do your dumb things at full back. For some reason a dumb thing that costs a goal is heaps worse than one that doesn't score one. Our whole midfield was guilty of hundreds of those.
McIntosh takes the cake after whacking the ball out of the Swans players hand for absolutely no reason and costing us 50m