Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland

Jewell

Tiger Cub
May 4, 2006
It’s not possible to compare the two. Rance is a champ because of his longevity and achievements over a long period. Balta looks great early. Let’s just compare Balta’s achievements last year to this year to next and then see how we go from there

Rance has him covered for five years.....after than we’ll see

Reactions: 1 users

Maneevo

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 13, 2011
The match committee cost us the match, players that should have been rested in the lead up the the finals were not and players who were ill were played.

Atsbury was spent before he took the field so the load fell onto others to cover for him.
Deleted

nikolasmia

Tiger Superstar
Sep 3, 2007
Rance was an all time great, people have short memories.

Balta has all the tools to be one as well, incredible speed, and marking ability, more versatile, sky is the limit.

Could be anything, and already has as many flags as Rance, and is only 21.

But Rances career of 5 AA jumpers in a row is going to be very hard to top.

Balta would be embarrassed by the comparison at this stage of the journey.

Reactions: 8 users

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Balta has a lot more tricks than Rance had, Alex was a once in a generation defender. Noah reminds me of Adam Goodes early in his career. Plug and play anywhere, the kid can play tall in defense and up forward, swing him into the ruck and not only is he a ruckman but a fifth mid like Goodes was.
There is a stack of potential there to be harnessed and he landed at the right footy club and at the right time, who knows with a bit of luck maybe we might see something special.

Good post, TGhost
All things going well, I do believe that Balta will be a genuine dominant player in the competition.

Reactions: 1 user

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008

Balta has all the tools to be one as well, incredible speed, and marking ability, more versatile, sky is the limit.

Absolutely - Rance ended up one of the/our greats - no question

But early in his career he had definite flaws - such as a lack of awareness at times that could see him caught with the ball when he thought he was well clear
Obviously he overcame all of that - so if Noah can likewise improve his game to the same extent we‘ll have another great career to look forward to

Reactions: 3 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Nice kid

I particularly like how he said the senior players made him realise that he doesn't have to try to do it all, he only has to focus on playing his role.

For a young colt who when he first hit the scene, we didn't know where he fit in, that's a very important phase in his development. It shows early maturity.
He's GOT plenty of tricks but learning how to harness them & when to use them, is where the improvement will stem from.

This is one reason why really the truly great clubs stay at the top of their game for years.
The advice of quality senior players, who come through the ranks, imparting their wisdom to the next generation is just so important.
We never had that for 35 years. Now we've got a truckload of amazing leaders guiding the youngsters.

Reactions: 14 users

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
I particularly like how he said the senior players made him realise that he doesn't have to try to do it all, he only has to focus on playing his role.

For a young colt who when he first hit the scene, we didn't know where he fit in, that's a very important phase in his development. It shows early maturity.
He's GOT plenty of tricks but learning how to harness them & when to use them, is where the improvement will stem from.

This is one reason why really the truly great clubs stay at the top of their game for years.
The advice of quality senior players, who come through the ranks, imparting their wisdom to the next generation is just so important.
We never had that for 35 years. Now we've got a truckload of amazing leaders guiding the youngsters.
Nice one TOO.

With the smaller number of coaches, the quality of character of our senior players becomes a significant advantage. Cotch and Jack are already talked about as future coaches. I expect Astbury also has a future as a coach.

Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019

Rance was a bit before my time.

I read somewhere he got struck by lightening sheltering under a juniper and was never the same player.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Indeed. I think the most likely of them all is Kane Lambert.

Kmac could end up making BLighty look like yabby jeans too?

Imagine the whiteboard? Theyde be playing Brisbane, and hed have STOP NATANUI writ large and underlined twice

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Can't remember any other 20 year old defenders as good man on man than Balta, he has already got Rance covered in that department.
Will be stoked if Balta can be the intercept player that Rance was.

Last edited:

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Can't remember any other 20 year old defenders as good man on man than Balta, he has already got Rance covered in that department.
Will be stoked if Balta can be the intercept player that Rance was.

It going back a way, and not using google, but the last giant athletic CHB who had a strut at 20 maybe glen jakovich? Maybe?

Reactions: 3 users

5SKULL5

What stands in the way, becomes the way!
Dec 20, 2004
Melbourne

Spot on TOO, I recall chatting to a RFC staff member during the Wallace years, asking why with so much talent, we couldn't get up the ladder.
He simply said leadership, we had some great players but no leadership.