Not playing injured players | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Not playing injured players

Bennnny

Punt Road End. The best place to watch The Tiges.
Mar 29, 2005
Melbourne
www.indieinitiative.com
After our failure in 2018 and GWS last year have sides learnt not to play injured players.
No more Dusty at 70% is better than others. Not really. I suppose he could just play up forward.
Our players will step up.
Davis shouldn't have played, Jack got 3 easy goals in second to set up the game.
Whitfield couldn't kick properly.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
After our failure in 2018 and GWS last year have sides learnt not to play injured players.
No more Dusty at 70% is better than others. Not really. I suppose he could just play up forward.
Our players will step up.
Davis shouldn't have played, Jack got 3 easy goals in second to set up the game.
Whitfield couldn't kick properly.

Too bad.
We were the kings of selecting injured players or players coming back from extended weeks off.
The final against Carlton was the biggest wake up call Hardwick has got in his coaching career..
Dosent matter how they fit in the side, if they have a injury they shouldn't be selected.

Reactions: 3 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Too bad.
We were the kings of selecting injured players or players coming back from extended weeks off.
The final against Carlton was the biggest wake up call Hardwick has got in his coaching career..
Dosent matter how they fit in the side, if they have a injury they shouldn't be selected.

Just ain't that simple. Who/ how good is the injured player? How injured are they? Who else is available to replace them? History is full of injured players who shouldn't have played, and also full of injured player heroics.

Its easy to say Davis shouldn't have played. His pre GF fitness test happened right in front of us at the game and everyone at the PRE was saying no way he plays, he was running like me. But would the result have been any different if he didn't? He did a few good things, battled hard and he is their captain. we'll never know of course but I doubt it.

Last edited:

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Just ain't that simple. Who/ how good is the injured player? How injured are they? Who else is available to replace them? History is full of injured players who shouldn't have played, and also full of injured player heroics.

Its easy to say Davis shouldn't have played. His pre GF fitness test happened right in front of us at the game and everyone at the PRE was saying no way he plays, he was running like me. But would the result have been any different if he didn't? He did a few good things, battled hard and he is their captain. we'll never know of course but I doubt it.

Really poor by him and GWS. The X Collingwood dud was an emergency.
At least he could’ve kept up with jack.
Davis made jack look like Carl lewis..

Reactions: 1 user

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Really poor by him and GWS. The X Collingwood dud was an emergency.
At least he could’ve kept up with jack.
Davis made jack look like Carl lewis..
It was actually selfish of Davis and the club were stupid to indulge it, waiting until 90 mins before the GF ffs.

Reactions: 1 user

Bennnny

Punt Road End. The best place to watch The Tiges.
Mar 29, 2005
Melbourne
www.indieinitiative.com
I

If you can hide a player it would be all right. But parking Dusty on the forward line if injured means he probably can't press. Trust our players to bring it.