NRL | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

NRL

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
That 15 mins by cleary was as astonishing as anything dusty has done,

If not more astonishing

Reactions: 1 user

marella jube

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2004
Arguably the best grand final I've seen.
Both teams gave their all & were at full throttle all game.

Brisbane, were true to themselves, with their high risk, high reward style but ultimate credit to Penrith for finding a way to win, when almost down & out.

They may not have the star power of the Parramatta team of the early 1980s but they're a better team.

They're likely to contend for awhile yet with their junior nursery & development, the envy of the league (if only Tigers, sigh...)

Kudos to all participants in yesterday's 3 gfs in oppressive & threatening conditions.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Arguably the best grand final I've seen.
Both teams gave their all & were at full throttle all game.

Brisbane, were true to themselves, with their high risk, high reward style but ultimate credit to Penrith for finding a way to win, when almost down & out.

They may not have the star power of the Parramatta team of the early 1980s but they're a better team.

They're likely to contend for awhile yet with their junior nursery & development, the envy of the league (if only Tigers, sigh...)

Kudos to all participants in yesterday's 3 gfs in oppressive & threatening conditions.
Agree. Amazing game. Fast, skillful and brutal.

The NRL could make some inroads down here with the reducing physicality in the AFL. I've been watching the NRL every Thrusday night and loving it. The speed & skill keeps increasing but they have maintained the toughness.

Reactions: 1 users

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
That 15 mins by cleary was as astonishing as anything dusty has done,

If not more astonishing
And that was after Cleary was mainly responsible for the 2 previous Broncos tries. He willed himself to make amends.

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
What surprised me about the game were the short kick outs. I can only assume they have looked at statistics around short goal line drop outs v long kicks and determined the short kick has a lower chance of coming back as a score. But to me you could argue the short drop outs cost Brisbane the game. I don't understand why it isn't kicked back to the centre line or as far as they can get it.

marella jube

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2004
There might finally be 'some light at the end of tunnel' for the Tigers following yesterday's board dissolution & appointment of interim replacements. S Richardson, in particular, a canny operator a good appointment. A pity it's not permanent.

Plenty of work needed to get anywhere near 'relative' success but st least there's now hope.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Thank God the NRL is back this week even if the Vegas BS is underwjelming.

Redders the abyss has been negotiated !!

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Thank God the NRL is back this week even if the Vegas BS is underwjelming.

Redders the abyss has been negotiated !!
Not yet. Close.

March 7 is the official start of Season of Redford 2024. You’re gonna love it !!!

Concludes 28th of September.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Watched the start of NRL 360 last night just to get a feel of what's going on over there and how that Paul Kent fella went since I think it's his first time back after being stood down.

Gotta say the poor old NRLeanderthals have the AFL residing rent free where their tiny little brains should inhabit.
Only took Kent about 15 seconds to start banging on about how they're the biggest sport in the country etcetera etcetera. Then that knucklehead Buzz whoever chimed in.... time to turn off!

Must say it was a far better show when he wasn't on it last year.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Watched the start of NRL 360 last night just to get a feel of what's going on over there and how that Paul Kent fella went since I think it's his first time back after being stood down.

Gotta say the poor old NRLeanderthals have the AFL residing rent free where their tiny little brains should inhabit.
Only took Kent about 15 seconds to start banging on about how they're the biggest sport in the country etcetera etcetera. Then that knucklehead Buzz whoever chimed in.... time to turn off!

Must say it was a far better show when he wasn't on it last year.
They are both a pair of ultra dumbed down 1970’s morons. Agree.

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
The NRL is miles ahead of the AFL in many regards. That was a magnificent event in Vegas. Know a few people that went that have raved about the experience so far (and they are just about to hit the town).

The NRL footy show & the personalities and the players are so much more entertaining than their AFL counterparts.

NRL is on an upwards trajectory fior mine, their game is very good to watch and they promote it very well.

Like him or not, Vlandys is easily this countries best sports administrator.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
NRL kicked off today and I missed it.

Not too fussed about missing all the BS from the US.

Just wish I had the courage of my conviction to drop the cash I was going to on both Manly and the Roosters after they both won.

Tipped em both but didnt lay the cash down ...............sooooft.

Thank F!@#% the NRL is back and looking forward to the season kicking off back here on Thursday Night.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
The NRL is miles ahead of the AFL in many regards. That was a magnificent event in Vegas. Know a few people that went that have raved about the experience so far (and they are just about to hit the town).

The NRL footy show & the personalities and the players are so much more entertaining than their AFL counterparts.

NRL is on an upwards trajectory fior mine, their game is very good to watch and they promote it very well.

Rugba League !

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003

I like the game and have followed it for 40 odd years, not as closely since Super League😡
Vegas was a good marketing ploy, they sure do need it, because when they get back to Australia they’ll be playing in front of 10,000 people at Leichhardt, Belmore and Brookvale etc.