NRL | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

NRL

shad

Tiger Champion
Apr 6, 2010
Castlemaine
looks like Manly have multiple Israel Falou’s in their team. Pretty appalling and deserve to be sacked.
I have an alternative take on this issue.

Us Europeans invaded their islands and converted the local population to Chistianity. At the time this was unquestioned based on the idea that we were 'saving' them. 150 years later the wheel has turned. Religion is dying out in the West and we have become wat, way more progressive in regards to a number of social issues-in particular to do with sexuality. But the Islanders are still in their Christian phase. And now we are attacking them for their 'Chistian' beliefs.

I can understand their confusion.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017

Us Europeans invaded their islands and converted the local population to Chistianity. At the time this was unquestioned based on the idea that we were 'saving' them. 150 years later the wheel has turned. Religion is dying out in the West and we have become wat, way more progressive in regards to a number of social issues-in particular to do with sexuality. But the Islanders are still in their Christian phase. And now we are attacking them for their 'Chistian' beliefs.

Like most religious beliefs it's all based on interpretation and who you listen to. Religion loves to prey on fear and ignorance.

Makes you wonder what other apects of their life do these guys not question rigorously?

Reactions: 2 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne

One of the most depressing things to come out of European colonialism is how many of the indigenous cultures converted to the religion of their oppressors. Sure, they were forced to convert at first. But generations have now passed and they do not have that excuse any more.

I mean, African Americans still follow the religion of the people that enslaved them. I will never understand this concept.

Reactions: 1 user

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
I mean, African Americans still follow the religion of the people that enslaved them. I will never understand this concept.
Ultimately not to their benefit. Religion does nothing to progress civilisation.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Storm @ $2.28 against Penrith with no Cleary was money for old rope.

Penrith held scoreless for the first time in 7 years, outstanding defence from the Storm.

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Storm @ $2.28 against Penrith with no Cleary was money for old rope.

Penrith held scoreless for the first time in 7 years, outstanding defence from the Storm.

Panthers are without both their halves, I had no hesitation tipping the Storm last week.

Matty Johns son Cooper is starting to show some quality at the Storm, you'd expect him to be a handy player considering his dad is Matt and his Uncle is Joey..

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Reckon Thursday night footy is a goer and the AFL need to step it up v the NRL and secure that night of the week.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Thursday Night NRL has been a life saver Redders thats for sure.

The NRL have brought back their Saturday Night marquee fixture also.

That has allowed for the NRL to have 4 Marquee TV games per round Thurs Night, Friday Night, Saturday Night and Sunday Arvo.

I used to enjoy the old Super Saturday on Fox years ago when theyd have 3 games back to back.

The AFL cant get their coverage right.

Last edited:

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Panthers are without both their halves, I had no hesitation tipping the Storm last week.

Matty Johns son Cooper is starting to show some quality at the Storm, you'd expect him to be a handy player considering his dad is Matt and his Uncle is Joey..
Moving Munster to full back has been a surprising, but good move, he’s a genius.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Watching the AFL on tv and the league on my lap top, a piece Storm & Broncos, 6-6.

Should be 6-0 to the Storm, stupid flick pass from the Asofa Solomona and then Coates passed it straight to a Broncos player for an easy try. Never seen anything like that before.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
My man Harry Grant is having a blinder, 30-6 in the 45th minute.
He’s great Harry Grant. Always looks like he just got out of bed after a bender and a sausage and egg McMuffin at the end of games. Although he’s had a haircut recently.

Reactions: 1 users