Off Season | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Off Season

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
What do PRENDERS do during the off season?

Tigerland is pretty quiet, except for AFLW news, which, at this stage anyway, does not fill me with excitement.

Do you head off on holidays or go to the beach for a swim?

Or do you just count down the days until the 2020 season starts?

Wife and I are looking forward to our membership renewals, due on the 1st. of Nov. Now that's exciting isn't it????

Keep trolling the AFL web site and RFC hoping for a little drop of news here and there.

Apart from that we just tend to look after the vegie garden, some short trips here and there, and count down the days to next March.

So, what do the rest of you get up to?

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Depends
Are you referring to the off-seasons for the 30 odd years from about mid 80’s right up to probably even the one leading into 2017 season?
Or just these last couple?

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Depends
Are you referring to the off-seasons for the 30 odd years from about mid 80’s right up to probably even the one leading into 2017 season?
Or just these last couple?
OK Tenacious.

Was wondering about the time after the granny and the trade period.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
OK Tenacious.

Was wondering about the time after the granny and the trade period.

Sorry - was only joking really

But I was thinking that for all those years in the wilderness when the off-season really commenced after Round 22 it used to be firstly just a relief that the season was over. Usually there was nothing much to look back on and only the faint hope that something good would happen “next year”. And as we know it generally didn’t. I would spend the finals series reading everything I could about possible trades and our possible draft picks but it was mostly wishful thinking.

In comparison these recent off-seasons (well 2 out of 3 of them) have taken some adjustment what with all the reminiscing and replays to do before even thinking about the next year. And as for right now I’m still living the dream and at peace with world.
Ahhh .... the serenity

Reactions: 1 user

5SKULL5

What stands in the way, becomes the way!
Dec 20, 2004
Melbourne
I ran into KB at Bunnings Notting Hill yesterday, I would say he is still basking in a Tiger euphoria.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I’m moving house in a month , so I’ve been packing , cleaning and selling , watched a lot of 2019 tiger victories, had a dabble on the spring carnival, other then that stuff the same old been a taxi for sons activity’s

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
I’m moving house in a month , so I’ve been packing , cleaning and selling , watched a lot of 2019 tiger victories, had a dabble on the spring carnival, other then that stuff the same old been a taxi for sons activity’s
None of my business really, but where are you moving to Mr. B?

Apart from watching the GF replay quite a lot we spend time reading, gardening, shopping of course, and the odd trip here and there.

Not very exciting but fills in the days until the season starts in 2020.

Birdman19

Plodder
Apr 16, 2009
I watch the pre-season 2019 games week-by-week, then the regular season and finals series, read collected newspaper articles for the corresponding week , re-read PRE posts and just pretend it's March- September but slightly warmer, culminating in a drunken pub crawl after watching the grand final replay in Feb 2020.
Okay I was joking, just go paddleboarding and camping on weekends until footy comes back .
:gotiges

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
None of my business really, but where are you moving to Mr. B?

Apart from watching the GF replay quite a lot we spend time reading, gardening, shopping of course, and the odd trip here and there.

Not very exciting but fills in the days until the season starts in 2020.
Just movin to the other side of Wang graystar

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Good thread Gray.

1. Watching the GF of 2017 all the finals , especially the Cats game.

2. Watching the 2019 GF , plus the finals , especially the Cats game(theme there ).

3. Dont mind the cricket.

4. Dont mind the Tennis.

5. Exercising more , especially on the weekends (when the Tigers were playing).

6. Catching up with friends & family.

7. Coming on here and getting my PRE fix till the season starts again and we begin discussing all things Tigers !