old richmond games 1980-1984 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

old richmond games 1980-1984

langers1971

Tiger Cub
Mar 4, 2008
guys

i am looking for tv replays of richmond home and away games from seasons 1980-1984 only.

name a game/sports delivered cannot help, tried torrents sites, youtube, ebay, the club and tv stations, all to no avail.

if anyone can assist, please pm me

thank you

michael roach

Tiger Superstar
Oct 6, 2009
I think Channel 7 mistakenly threw a heap of old games down the tip.

There`s a youtube user called aussie80`s who has uploaded a heap of old stuff, maybe contact him?

It`s amazing how much he has.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HE76cTRnBZg&feature=related

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
michael roach said:
I think Channel 7 mistakenly threw a heap of old games down the tip.

There`s a youtube user called aussie80`s who has uploaded a heap of old stuff, maybe contact him?

It`s amazing how much he has.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HE76cTRnBZg&feature=related

Last night i watched a few of the youtube videos from the 70's and in particular one v Geelong 1977. It amazes me that John Pitura only played about 14 or so games for us. In the little footage of that game, and a few others from 77, it's apparent he had incredible skills for his day, looked strong over head, could run etc etc - but didn't work out for us.

I had a chat to an ex-tiger player today and asked him what happened, and he simply said "it was a bloody hard side to get into and in the end he left because he wasn't getting a game consistently"! He said he could turn it on but would go quiet and fade out of the game. Obviously the footage i saw were the times he was 'on'! 1977 was the year i went to my first AFL / VFL game (1st Semi v NM) - not one to remember!

This particular ex-Tiger player ended up at another club in 1979 and played a few seasons, saving his best games for us unfortunately. He stayed a loyal, though frustrated Tiger supporter though!

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
LeeToRainesToRoach said:

Ha no actually i try to avoid dropping names on here but i will say he was a lot taller than Cameron Clayton who i think you're referring to. He didn't make our senior side as we had so many rucks back then. The club he went to was StKilda and he had a big game in the round 3 draw of 1980. I think i'd pretty much have given it away with that info.

He's a hell of a nice bloke and his dog is almost as big as him.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
frickenel said:
Ha no actually i try to avoid dropping names on here but i will say he was a lot taller than Cameron Clayton who i think you're referring to. He didn't make our senior side as we had so many rucks back then. The club he went to was StKilda and he had a big game in the round 3 draw of 1980. I think i'd pretty much have given it away with that info.

He's a hell of a nice bloke and his dog is almost as big as him.

Ha, got it. Can only remember Greg Burns running amok and (I think) Mark Kellett subduing Roach. Plus Jezza taking over as c-c of course.

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
Nooo not even close! He bagged 5 goals. Played in te SCG game where the only touch a Saint got was the the touch Bruce Douperuzel (did i spell that right?) got in the middle of the ground from Geoff Raines!

I think he kicked a few against us the following year as well. He probably kicked half the goals of his short career against us actually!