Old Tiger Games on Video & Radio

ozoiler

Tiger Cub
Jun 8, 2016
29
0
TigerForce said:
Well done oz.

Strange. All hype and hope in KB's 2nd year as coach. We started 1989 OK, yet finished with the spoon and a failure in Lounder while Norf rose with the debut of the King in R11. What was it with Lounder?

PS. McKellar's hair still looks crazy.
We did look very good in this game, as did Lounder...

I've uploaded quite a few more games recently as below:

2004 AFL Round 8 - Richmond vs Western Bulldogs
Richo 10
https://youtu.be/y_fdZPkd3SA

1994 AFL Round 17 - Brisbane vs Richmond
https://youtu.be/0EuwS3GwTvA

1986 VFL Round 6 - Fitzroy vs Richmond
https://youtu.be/R9fMU25YGIw

1988 VFL Panasonic Cup Round 1 - Carlton vs Richmond
https://youtu.be/M_fbZ0dZ2Is

1993 AFL Foster’s Cup Semi-Final – Fitzroy vs Richmond
https://youtu.be/9RRF5k2S2AY

1994 AFL Foster's Cup Round 1 - St.Kilda vs Richmond
Richo 8
https://youtu.be/ZXh4jrTLBLI

1993 AFL Foster's Cup Round 1 - Richmond vs Sydney
Lavington
https://youtu.be/E10DifBQWGk

1997 AFL Round 2 - Richmond vs Adelaide
https://youtu.be/IiIKvH31yrc

1997 AFL Round 8 - Richmond vs West Coast
https://youtu.be/CEvo6kvi774

1969 VFL Grand Final - Carlton vs Richmond - 3KZ Radio
https://youtu.be/eTrWaNCB3e4
 

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
21,337
55
oztiger73 said:
We did look very good in this game, as did Lounder...

I've uploaded quite a few more games recently as below:

2004 AFL Round 8 - Richmond vs Western Bulldogs
Richo 10
https://youtu.be/y_fdZPkd3SA

1994 AFL Round 17 - Brisbane vs Richmond
https://youtu.be/0EuwS3GwTvA

1986 VFL Round 6 - Fitzroy vs Richmond
https://youtu.be/R9fMU25YGIw

1988 VFL Panasonic Cup Round 1 - Carlton vs Richmond
https://youtu.be/M_fbZ0dZ2Is

1993 AFL Foster’s Cup Semi-Final – Fitzroy vs Richmond
https://youtu.be/9RRF5k2S2AY

1994 AFL Foster's Cup Round 1 - St.Kilda vs Richmond
Richo 8
https://youtu.be/ZXh4jrTLBLI

1993 AFL Foster's Cup Round 1 - Richmond vs Sydney
Lavington
https://youtu.be/E10DifBQWGk

1997 AFL Round 2 - Richmond vs Adelaide
https://youtu.be/IiIKvH31yrc

1997 AFL Round 8 - Richmond vs West Coast
https://youtu.be/CEvo6kvi774

1969 VFL Grand Final - Carlton vs Richmond - 3KZ Radio
https://youtu.be/eTrWaNCB3e4
Good work OT.
 

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Mar 6, 2004
869
0
Keep em coming mate some brilliant Classics

74 Grand Final 3kz with Captain and the Major brings back so may good memories the good ol days 3KZ Is football
 

ozoiler

Tiger Cub
Jun 8, 2016
29
0
Batchelor Party said:
Thank you OzTiger! Great way to spend a few days off work while snowed in!
Sammy C said:
Keep em coming mate some brilliant Classics

74 Grand Final 3kz with Captain and the Major brings back so may good memories the good ol days 3KZ Is football
No worries....here's a few more recent uploads:

1997 AFL Round 4 - Richmond vs Fremantle
https://youtu.be/mULi9Fhki4w

1974 VFL Grand Final - Richmond vs North Melbourne - 3KZ Radio - "The Captain & The Major"
https://youtu.be/YQle_RAwZpM

2002 Wizard Cup Grand Final - Richmond vs Port Adelaide
https://youtu.be/0a4O8lpMrXc

1997 AFL Round 15 - Richmond vs Hawthorn
https://youtu.be/8YeBMpXyP_k

1987 VFL Under 19's Grand Final - North Melbourne vs Richmond
https://youtu.be/qDPl4ldmDPU

1992 TFL Round 9 - Glenorchy vs Devonport
Matthew Richardson playing for Devonport
https://youtu.be/vQCjuI4Fqug

1997 AFL Round 18 - Richmond vs Western Bulldogs
Jeff Gieschen first game as coach
https://youtu.be/AibJb4MTTPY

1987 VFL Round 14 - Richmond vs West Coast
https://youtu.be/6Z8q1R7ot-0
 

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Mar 6, 2004
869
0
Just found a few of my old videos while cleaning up a few games through the 90s
 

ozoiler

Tiger Cub
Jun 8, 2016
29
0
Sammy C said:
Just found a few of my old videos while cleaning up a few games through the 90s
That's great Sammy ! Love finding old videos around :D Here's a few more recent uploads....this year I will look at uploading a corresponding Round game from yesteryear each week, mainly Tiger games with some others thrown in. I have an old Round 2 game ready to go next

1998 AFL Round 1 - Richmond vs Essendon
https://youtu.be/7oKWfrBRDKg

1983 VFL Round 1 - Carlton vs Richmond
https://youtu.be/UbHfE1pS-lM

Allan Jeans Speech - 1992 Richmond Guernsey Presentation
https://youtu.be/xeJhtl-gUhI

1992 AFL Foster's Cup Round 1 - Richmond vs Brisbane
https://youtu.be/dn9Ohis243I

1992 Richmond Football Club Membership Ad
https://youtu.be/5gPkz0l8cC0

Terry Keays Mark & Goal - 1991 AFL Foster's Cup
https://youtu.be/ae6QLWTeP2c

1996 AFL Lightning Premiership - Richmond vs Fremantle
https://youtu.be/T8wxhG0XiM4

1982 Practice Match - Port Adelaide vs Richmond
https://youtu.be/Go4e22pVtQs

1996 Richmond Pre Season - News Reports
https://youtu.be/e2GVvpA9nFo

2001 AFL 1st Semi Final - Richmond vs Carlton
https://youtu.be/pCGtH6z4X_w

1988 VFL Round 14 - Sydney vs Richmond
https://youtu.be/j-76VXyEAZs

1997 AFL Round 21 - Richmond vs Port Adelaide
https://youtu.be/B1FEkN0TzSE
 

ozoiler

Tiger Cub
Jun 8, 2016
29
0
Also now up:

1995 AFL Round 2 - St Kilda vs Richmond - 3AW Commentary
https://youtu.be/GyEF7vI89OU

1998 AFL Round 3 - Richmond vs Hawthorn
https://youtu.be/GAjMQzO2EKY

2001 AFL Round 4 - Collingwood vs Richmond
https://youtu.be/MYUUxsVBCsI
 

wagstaff

Tiger Cub
Mar 10, 2003
97
0
Melbourne
These have been sensational to watch, thanks very much for the upload.

I watched the Round 1 1983 v the Blues because I'm fascinated by that year and how Richmond fell away so rapidly. Based on that match, the Tigers seemed really lumbering and slow, especially against the famous Blues small men. Losing Raines & Wood probably hurt in that regard.

Re: the 1998 Hawks comeback, I actually went to that match but largely forgotten the detail; didn't realise Ben Harrison of all people was so pivotal.
 

ozoiler

Tiger Cub
Jun 8, 2016
29
0
There's quite a few other games there now since I last posted, they can all be found on my channel...

This was a good game:
1994 AFL Round 14 - Melbourne vs Richmond
https://youtu.be/k2MQ6HLTK80

There are still a lot of games to upload so if there is a particular game anyone is interested in I can check to see if I have it for upload in the off-season.
 

toby64

Tiger Champion
Mar 17, 2014
3,584
3
oztiger73 said:
There's quite a few other games there now since I last posted, they can all be found on my channel...

This was a good game:
1994 AFL Round 14 - Melbourne vs Richmond
https://youtu.be/k2MQ6HLTK80

There are still a lot of games to upload so if there is a particular game anyone is interested in I can check to see if I have it for upload in the off-season.
You are doing a great job...enjoy watching old games when there's nothing on tv.

Am enjoying those from the early 1980s. Great to see the some of the great names running around
 

ozoiler

Tiger Cub
Jun 8, 2016
29
0
Thanks Toby & wagstaff, glad you have been enjoying the footage.
I'm also starting a Facebook page which will have more shorter clips and highlights then linking to the full game on YouTube. I don't benefit from posting any footage and am just keen to digitize my collection as much as possible as a hobby.
The page is OzTiger73 Vintage Footy Videos if interested. I haven't posted anything yet but will very soon...
Kind regards,
oztiger