"older" but young at heart | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

"older" but young at heart

Wishiwazzaclohesy

Tiger Superstar
Aug 6, 2004
This is your thread Graystar, I suggest you and Roar discuss whatever you like. As long as you don't mind us looking in of course!

Anduril

You bow to no one!
Jul 29, 2004
Melbourne
Crystal Palace! Can remember Mum and Dad taking me to see "The Living Desert" on Xmas Eve as a little nipper and me worrying that we would miss Santa if I wasn't home.
Usherettes, those were the days.
They don't employ anyone over the age of 18 it seems at the movies these days.

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
ClayBevan said:
This is your thread Graystar, I suggest you and Roar discuss whatever you like. As long as you don't mind us looking in of course!

Of course I don't mind CB. Look in as much as you want, and if you have a comment, feel free.

Otis

Voodoo Child
Dec 24, 2004
Melbourne
You must be one of the coolest ever 70+ year olds ;)

I say that mainly because I figured you were in your 20s-30s from reading some other posts in other threads, plus your knowledge of computers/the web impresses me. My dad is in his mid 70s and manages to crash my computer every time I let him anywhere near it.

I also admire your tennis stories. It's good to share these stories. The most talented sportsperson I ever played on was David Hille (current essendon player) in an inter-school footy match. He'll never reach Sedgeman, Hoad or Rosewell status though ;)

I'll have to look out for your posts in the 'blast from the past' section from now on. I haven't really looked at it much (yet) but it's a good way to learn about the tigers before my time.

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Otis said:
You must be one of the coolest ever 70+ year olds ;)

I say that mainly because I figured you were in your 20s-30s from reading some other posts in other threads, plus your knowledge of computers/the web impresses me. My dad is in his mid 70s and manages to crash my computer every time I let him anywhere near it.

I also admire your tennis stories. It's good to share these stories. The most talented sportsperson I ever played on was David Hille (current essendon player) in an inter-school footy match. He'll never reach Sedgeman, Hoad or Rosewell status though ;)

I'll have to look out for your posts in the 'blast from the past' section from now on. I haven't really looked at it much (yet) but it's a good way to learn about the tigers before my time.

G'day Otis, and glad you had a bit of fun with the post. Talking of playing tennis...quite a lot of footballers used to play tennis in the summer. Whilst at East Burwood tennis club, I played in the EMRLTA competition.Had some fierce battles with Robert Flower, who I think was at Vermont, Kevin Rose...can't remember his club, and as a teenager against Bob Johnson, star Melbourne player. He was a real gent BTW., very tall and a great tennis player. Robert Flower was a "lefty" with a wicked serve to the backhand court.

As to being a cool dude, Otis, don't know about that, but sport, my kids, grandkids and friends with their love and friendship, keep me on my toes. Had a computer for zonks, right back to the days of the now defunct Commodore Amiga. Had a lot of fun with that old machine playing games like Leisure Suit Larry and Kings Quest, etc., etc.

Guess that's enough for now.

Cool dude signing off!