Oleg Markov's Moustache | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Oleg Markov's Moustache

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Oleg Markov may be a very undesirable combination of over-aged and under-nourished but his moustache is the finest of the modern draft era.

He will problee be around at 52 (both ND selection and age - he eats healthy) and he can kick a goal. He spins grand indie-lord yarns - 'He was born in Belarus, speaks Russian, is the son of a world pole vault champion, studies geology and has a passion for restoring classic cars.'

He's a sales machine. Maybe he can play. Let's get him.

OLEG-Markov-2015.jpg

DLR

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 13, 2015
Felt sure he was Vokram Gelo, but after I reflected on it........................

Stylo

Tiger Champion
Oct 13, 2012
How did Oleg Markov burn his tongue?

He drank his coffee BEFORE it was cool.

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
I like Markov, reminds me of Isaac Smith. If Kerbatieh is off the board I'd give him a shot, he has the genes and has done reasonably well at senior level. Will take time but this year is all about speculative types.

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
tigertim said:
Wasn't he eligible last year too?

Thought he could have been picked up last year as a rookie, has improved this year and had a really good carnival. His style is very similar to Isaac Smith, he has some real dash about him and likes to break the lines. To me he's the perfect rookie this year (or pick 52), he has an excellent athletic base to work with, he just needs to build on his strength and contested ball winning ability. Upside is significant compared to many of the other rookie types.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
TJsFurrow said:
This is where development comes in. Give him three years and we could have a WG Grace on our hands.

Fair point, peptides and hormones course could do the trick.

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
Dyer'ere said:
Oleg Markov may be a very undesirable combination of over-aged and under-nourished but his moustache is the finest of the modern draft era.

He will problee be around at 52 (both ND selection and age - he eats healthy) and he can kick a goal. He spins grand indie-lord yarns - 'He was born in Belarus, speaks Russian, is the son of a world pole vault champion, studies geology and has a passion for restoring classic cars.'

He's a sales machine. Maybe he can play. Let's get him.

OLEG-Markov-2015.jpg
Looks like he's storing a couple of extra eye brows on his upper lip

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
bullus_hit said:
I like Markov, reminds me of Isaac Smith. If Kerbatieh is off the board I'd give him a shot, he has the genes and has done reasonably well at senior level. Will take time but this year is all about speculative types.

I would rather Parsons at that range if available

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
turk-d-tiger said:
I would rather Parsons at that range if available
Yes, I'm with you. Stevie Parsons son, right? Call me a sentimentalist, but if the son of a former player shows some talent, I'm keen to give him a go. For those not old enough, Stevie was a very lively winger/HBF type with pace, skill and guts. I never understood why he finished up with RFC so early. But remembering him featuring in the infamous stouch at Windy Hill (I think).