ON THE ROAD AGAIN - MAY 3 & 4 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

ON THE ROAD AGAIN - MAY 3 & 4

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
Having spent most of the afternoon catching up on some much needed sleep and I am finally lucid enough to share some of my experiences of my Adelaide trek. Actually, I sat down to watch the replay but have been told I was sound asleep within 10 minutes.

Now that I look back to the week leading up to this trip I know realise we were in trouble before the we took too the field. I seriously believe I "mozzed" the boys and for that I offer my humblest of apologises ;D

I should have known when by Wednesday my tickets and vouchers from Tigerland travel had not arrived that things were looking bleak but "no" I continued on my mission. I booked this trip in March and when I phoned Tigerland travel they told me "oops sorry we've made a mistake and forgotten you (how comforting) we will fax eveything to you". See what I mean a sign ....

My flight over 3.30pm Sat. Afternoon.:
Now I made it to the plane in plenty of time but one of Coaches almost didn't! Paul Spargo had to make a mad dash from Geelong to the airport and just made the flight. My husband watched his mad dash from the departure gate.

I almost missed the bus to the stadium: See gang more signs...
My taxi driver from the airport was more concerned in listening to a local SANFL game on the wireless than driving me to the hotel. I am thinking to myself - who cares ... just get me to the hotel. I made it only because the others told the bus driver to wait. See we Tiger fans stick together. Total number of people who took the Tigerland Travel package 13. Yeap 13.

AAMI Stadium: aluminium seats and my bum is still frozen. The Port supporters weren't too bad. Watched the game cheered loudly and I think I was on TV. Will tape the game tonight and double check.

Did you know that at the end of the game when they are playing the Port song they put the words on the scoreboard. What does that tell you about theire song :-\

Flight home Sun 4th 10.30am Adelaide time:
Now how's this for fate. I booked my flight for this trip in February.

I travelled home with the team.

A little bit of dirt:
Ty Zantuck: Now it has been said that TY looked at times that he was sleep walking during the game. Well he slept for the trip home. Does this mean he slept through the entire weekend ???

KPettifer: boarded the plane with a copy of FH magazine. Maybe that explains why he cannot get the ball. Thinking about the pictures perhaps.

Danny & Brits did not travel back on my flight this morning.

Cambo - was walking fine no apparent limp.

Back at Melb airport at the luggage carousel - KP was showing Aaron Fiora some of the articles from that magazine ;D

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
AHAHAHAH! Nice one!

Maybe Ty Zantuck wasted all his energy whilst having that magazine in his hand. Pettiffer probably did the same. They both played like a bunch of tossers.

Good to hear Cambo wasn't limping. Watching the game they said he was filthy on himself for getting injured. I was filthy on him for getting injured too. :mad:. Get well soon champ.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
TigersGoddess said:
FH ? Whats that?

F*&^%$# Hopeless ;D

Welcome home KL, you intrepid traveller you, ha.
I had the same luck going up to Brissie on the team plane last time I went.

Here's hoping you bring us better luck with the Brisbane game than you did in Adelaide. ;D

TigersGoddess

Sing it Loud
Dec 17, 2002
Punt Road Oval
Rosy first you were a Kayne Bagger
Then you were a Kayne Lover
Now your back to being a Kayne Bagger
Stop confusing me.... or I'll take a leaf out of Kayne's book and pout. ;D

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
rosy3 said:
Here's hoping you bring us better luck with the Brisbane game than you did in Adelaide. ;D

As my travelling record now stands at 2 games and 2 losses - it maybe in the best interests of the RFC that I don't go to Brisbane ;)