online Multiplayer games | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

online Multiplayer games

tiga

New RFC fitness regime under Wallace
Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
Anyone here into online multiplayer games??
I'm into games like Wolfenstein Enemy Territory(which is free), Day of Defeat, Team Fortress and Counterstrike.
Day of defeat and Counterstrike are free mods but you need to purchase Half Life which is about $49
In these games you can create teams or clans.

If anyone is interested, let me know and we could form our own PRE team and kick some butt during the off season! Who knows, some of the other supporter sites may form teams that we could battle against every now and then.

P

PuntRoadRoar

does anyone here have x-box live? Im thinking of getting it in the next month or so and I have heard good things about it inregards to limited lag and alot of fun.

B

brownlow2003

Mine at the min is Playing My Tiger Woods 2004 PC game online

tiga

Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
Whats that like Brownlow?? Do you play in tournaments and are there any local servers ??
If you catch someone cheating do you have the option of wrapping a 3 wood around their neck?? Or If you're having a shocker can you throw your clubs in the water and storm off to the 19th hole for a comforting ale or two?? ;D

I've got links which I think you can play online. have you tried it??

tigerarmy

Tiger Cub
May 22, 2003
Melbourne
I dont play online games much anymore but I do/used to play;

NFS Underground, Call of Duty, Starcraft, Counter Strike and stuff like that..

tiga

Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
Call of duty is fantastic. I bought it about 3 weeks ago and the skirmishes are very realistic. Highly recommended.

B

brownlow2003

tiga said:
Whats that like Brownlow?? Do you play in tournaments
I've got links which I think you can play online. have you tried it??

Yeah Tiga is pretty good fun playing with other people around the golfing world.
My run of late has not been good at all playing ok but throwing too many bogeys during the round which costs me big time.
Played on the weekend in the my first online tour game on a TW 2004 golf website but got DQ for playing too many rounds with my named golfer i have to use for this Tour (should have read the rules better).
What other links to you have for online golf games
Cheers
Brownlow

tiga

Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
Sorry Brownlow, I may have confused the issue. The Game is called links. Access used to make it but now Microsoft own it. I think the latest is links 2003 and it is brilliant!!

You can check it out here http://www.microsoft.com/games/links2003/home/default_2.asp

tiga

Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
schnipper said:
hi Guys, any one hanging out for half life 2? secondly does anyone have the machine to run it?

I've been hanging out for it since they first announced it.
What specs do you need schnipper?

schnipper

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2004
s/e suburbs
i know my machine wont run it properly, 1.7 pen 512ddr 64 meg card :( have to get more ram and a new card i think. need more money. where does it end

schnipper

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2004
s/e suburbs
It's ended for now..........fx 5900xt video card, added another half a gig of ram. Im loving it. but my wallet is $600 less :'(

tiga

Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
KB, first of all which ISP are you with?? If you have unlimited downloads then it doesn't really matter. As I'm with bogpond broadband I generally play on their servers. If you wish to play there you need to go to their games website http://games.bigpond.com and download their game client called of all things "cogs". Once you download and install it, it will detect what online games you have and then you just click on a server that is not full and away you go. Let me know if you want to go through this and I'll step you through it.

tiga

Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
KB, I play Wolfenstien Enemy Territrory(which is free off the net), Day of Defeat, Call of Duty and occasionally Counter Strike and Team Fortress.

tiga

Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
KB, Call of duty online play has 2 modes Team Deathmatch where you keep respawning back into the fray until the game time expires. It's an absolute bloodfest with no real objective other than to see how much lead you can pump into the enemy.I personally like to be a sniper in this type of game as it is good practice for the next mode.

The second mode is last man standing where the game ends once one team has finished off the other team. there is no respawning in this one but there is a time limit for when you are left with 2 guys who have absolutely no idea on how to knock each other off. Sometimes it pays to hide for a bit until the initial engagement cools down then you can head off and pickup the dregs. There are team scores in this one.

PM me with what nic you give yourself and we can team up one night and I can show you around some of the maps.

schnipper

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2004
s/e suburbs
i will be in that to tiga, imagine three of us as a team. thats the prob with that game, no one really teams up. im waiting for my mate to get broadband so i can kickass with somebody. we could have nics like richo and fiora. let them figure it out.

tiga

Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
Great idea schnipp! We could form a clan and call ourselves the PRE Mob or something similar.

Now recruiting if anyone else is interested in joining in let me know. I will enter us into a competition once we have enough players.
There are several competitions at Bigpond which we can play in. "Wolfenstein enemy territory" is one of the best team play games and you can download it for free from here.
http://games.bigpond.com/pc/resources/files/details/html/6569
Its a big download approx 270 meg but it's worth it. you will also need to download the latest patches for it to work on bigpond servers.

Bags my nic being Tivendale. Not the greatest in defence but awesome in attack.

om21

Original Melbourne 21
Oct 7, 2003
Werribee
www.original21.com
Unfortunately I dont play those games...I used to play Coutner Strike at uni while I was bored but at home I really only play Championship Manager with a few boys.

If anyone else plays and wants a crack at me, feel free.....I got all versions of the game.