Ooooh! Yeeeeaaaah! The road to the spoon 2024! Get spoony! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ooooh! Yeeeeaaaah! The road to the spoon 2024! Get spoony!

Do ya wanna get spoony?

• Well, duh.

• Cheese sandwich and a spoon, please.

• Spoon me, brutal world

• Do we get some of them fancy charity picks?

• I wanna steam-powered spoon, and now!

• Spoon ya baby.

• I spuv to loon!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
So far we're 1-8. Our percentage has been annihilated. 65.6% atm. We're *smile*.

We've all been wondering how a "middling side" like Richmond will get the draft currency to rebuild without turning into a basketcase. Carter, for one, is all over it. And dozens of times we've speculated that we'll never get any draft currency with Ninthmond battling away.

We were always going to use the tried and true method. Get injuries. Once you get a few long-termers it doesn't take much bad luck for your availabilty to be massacred. And if you get real lucky with bad luck you can become totally uncompetitive until it's too late. Nineteenthmond is up and about. Buckle up and get ready for the torture to continue.

Rd​
W/L​
Date​
Match​
Venue​
R0​
L​
09/03/24​
Gold Coast Suns​
Richmond
GCS PRC Oval​
1​
L​
14/03/24​
Carlton​
Richmond
MCG​
2​
L​
24/03/24​
Richmond
Port Adelaide​
MCG​
3​
W​
31/03/24​
Richmond
Sydney Swans​
MCG​
4​
L​
07/04/24​
Richmond
St Kilda​
Norwood Oval​
5​
L​
14/04/24​
West Coast Eagles​
Richmond
Optus Stadium​
7​
L​
24/04/24​
Richmond
Melbourne​
MCG​
8​
L​
05/05/24​
Richmond
Fremantle​
MCG​
9​
L​
11/05/24​
Richmond
Western Bulldogs​
MCG​
10​
-​
18/05/24​
Brisbane Lions​
Richmond
Gabba​
11​
-​
25/05/24​
Richmond
Essendon​
MCG​
12​
-​
01/06/24​
Geelong Cats​
Richmond
GMHBA Stadium​
13​
-​
06/06/24​
Adelaide Crows​
Richmond
Adelaide Oval​
14​
-​
15/06/24​
Richmond
Hawthorn​
MCG​
16​
-​
30/06/24​
Richmond
Carlton​
MCG​
17​
-​
06/07/24​
Fremantle​
Richmond
Optus Stadium​
18​
-​
14/07/24​
Richmond
GWS Giants​
MCG​
19​
-​
20/07/24​
Port Adelaide​
Richmond
Adelaide Oval​
20​
-​
28/07/24​
Collingwood​
Richmond
MCG​
21​
-​
03/08/24​
North Melbourne​
Richmond
Marvel Stadium​
22​
-​
11/08/24​
Richmond
St Kilda​
Marvel Stadium​
23​
-​
18/08/24​
Hawthorn​
Richmond
MCG​
24​
-​
09/03/24​
Richmond
Gold Coast Suns​
MCG​

Which are the games upon which our season hinges? Hawks and Kangaroos stand out.

What's the bet we get some players back and do StFraud or the Purple Wiggles? They are hard to lose to when you're down.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
I think the last four games are danger games if Lynch and Taranto are back. We might need Meehan to do some of his best work late in the season.

• Haha
Reactions: 23 users
Hawks are starting to beat teams around them and they were quite competitive end of last season. We play them twice and think they'll likely beat us. Saints, depends which team comes to play on the day. North is the obvious one, they're getting roundly smashed every week. The wooden spoon may be decided by that Rd 21 game although, with players coming back for us I suspect North will end up with a lower percentage.
I personally don't like the title of wooden spoon. If we can get 2nd or 3rd and 2 more first rounders as purported could happen, then we're well on the way with the rebuild. Need to strap in for some tougher years ahead.

Reactions: 4 users
I think the last four games are danger games if Lynch and Taranto are back. We might need Meehan to do some of his best work late in the season.
This is a very funny post.

Reactions: 1 users
This is all assumes we have 18 players available come round 24.

No points given for forfeiting

Animation Kids GIF by Thomas And Friends

Reactions: 1 user
Lynch plays one game and we beat the flag favourite.

To tank or not to tank, that is the question.

Imagine if in the last round we could kick Dimma's toys out of the finals...

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Wet Coke during the Covid years had to add supplemental players to their team just to be able to field a side on match day. We're currently about three fifths of SFA from having to do the same due to injury issues.
At this point in time there's one whole game that I might nearly be enthusiastic about tipping the Tigers in for the rest of the year. Then I stop n realise that'd be #Lolnorf n it's at Marvelarse stadium so we're virtually no chance.

Heard on the news that #Lolnorf won't be asking for a compo handout this year because they've already had a couple of years of bonus picks. Perhaps we should really *smile* with AFLHQ's heads ( not that they'll give us anything ) in place of #Lolnorf n put the hand up for some bonearse picks to rebuild the list :)) :)) :))
Hawforn n Wet Coke already got a win or two plus % in hand against us, so it'll be a tank off between us n #Lolnorf. Either way this years draft looks to be a bit more even than the last couple of stand alone number 1 picks so perhaps it won't matter so much who gets the hero pick n who gets the leftovers.
Lost the 2007 Kruezer cup n got the Cotchinator.
Lost the 2009 tanking scandal to Smelbourne n they got Scully n Trengove we got the Dusty one.
Maybe it's the perfect year to miss out on the spoon humiliation and still scuttle away with the pick of the draft, if we get it right.

Reactions: 5 users
Wet Coke during the Covid years had to add supplemental players to their team just to be able to field a side on match day. We're currently about three fifths of SFA from having to do the same due to injury issues.
At this point in time there's one whole game that I might nearly be enthusiastic about tipping the Tigers in for the rest of the year. Then I stop n realise that'd be #Lolnorf n it's at Marvelarse stadium so we're virtually no chance.

Heard on the news that #Lolnorf won't be asking for a compo handout this year because they've already had a couple of years of bonus picks. Perhaps we should really *smile* with AFLHQ's heads ( not that they'll give us anything ) in place of #Lolnorf n put the hand up for some bonearse picks to rebuild the list :)) :)) :))
Hawforn n Wet Coke already got a win or two plus % in hand against us, so it'll be a tank off between us n #Lolnorf. Either way this years draft looks to be a bit more even than the last couple of stand alone number 1 picks so perhaps it won't matter so much who gets the hero pick n who gets the leftovers.
Lost the 2007 Kruezer cup n got the Cotchinator.
Lost the 2009 tanking scandal to Smelbourne n they got Scully n Trengove we got the Dusty one.
Maybe it's the perfect year to miss out on the spoon humiliation and still scuttle away with the pick of the draft, if we get it right.
Serious question though TM. look at our crowd attendance! costing the league a lot each week.

as an all-or-nothing chap,

Gimme the spoon, unless we can relegate GC to 9th the week before closing round.

I can celebrate Pick 1, or *smile* dimma's *smile* up, like a premiership.

whereas all I can wrestle out of Pick 2, is the winning a prelim feeling

however, im certain if we finish last, The AFL will introduce the American first round pick lottery and masking tape 'Richmond' to the bottom of the barrel, use Steve Hocking as barrel girl to pull us out 18th, and then give North Melbourne a priority and push us back to 19th

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Given the recent 3 flags, I can stomach a spoon this year. In order to facilitate a quicker rebuild. No point hanging around the middle of the ladder. We’ve been there before and it’s no man’s land

*smile* finishing last.

Dusty was pick 3. Judd was pick 3.

Imagine picking an Andy McGrath or Tom Scully. Pick 1 is not always the messiah.

I’m anti spoon. I accept bottom 2-3. No thank you to last.

Reactions: 8 users
Serious question though TM. look at our crowd attendance! costing the league a lot each week.
Easily covered by Carlscum n Essendrugs running rampant at the moment. AFLHQ and the meedjia don't give a flying *smile* for individual clubs when it comes to attendances at games. Bums on seats in front of the telly in prime time and the accompanying meedjia hype is all that matters.
Only Tigers fans give much of a *smile* about our games at present n if we're getting flogged on prime time telly every Fri night even we'd stop watching n go to the pub instead.

No way we'll finish below Norf. Good on them for saying they won't request a priority pick, but I can foresee the nightmare scenario where Zurhaar leaves as a free agent, Laughin' Laura gives them pick 2 as compensation and we miss out on Vontae O'Cotchin.