Operation get Paul Roos to melbourne | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Operation get Paul Roos to melbourne

TheCan

Tiger Superstar
Jul 17, 2011
Is it only me, but is anyone hoping the demons throw the kitchen sink to try get Pail Roos?
In turn keeping keeping Mark Williams firmly landed at the RFC........I seriously believe the develpment of players has accelarated since Choccos arrival.
I really think it will be a diaster if we lose Mark williams....

So everyone get on board and pump up roos to the demons.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm with you Can....it would be disastrous to lose Williams.
The good thing is , he just loves the big time.....sitting on the sidelines each week with crowds in the single digit thousands wasn't cutting it for him...hence the tension between him and Sheedy.....

He just loves patrolling that boundary line on game day, with a big club that is on the move, in front of 80000+ crowds.
He loves the talent we have, he has control over it, he thrives on it....it suits him too!!!
He's even lost a few kilos since the season started from roaming that line and giving it his all to get the players up....

I think he realises that he would lose more than a few kilos if he went to the MFC....he would lose a lot more kilos, plus his hair, his patience, his desire, and his sanity.......very very quickly

Jukes Extended said:
Roo's said he doesn't have the desire to coach and has ruled himself out.

ok, operation rodney eade. operation john warsfold, operation alistair clarkson, etc.

If Williams wishes to pursue a career as senior coach again, it would be churlish to begrudge him that.

Well if he hangs at Punt Road for the next 18 months and it goes Tits Up he might be able to coach the Tigers :hihi

On the other hand, if he does go to Melbourne I suppose it shows a fundamental lack of judgement that we would be better off without.

craig said:
Well if he hangs at Punt Road for the next 18 months and it goes Tits Up he might be able to coach the Tigers :hihi

I think i came in pretty early on after he got the gig suggesting that. He is not a fool our chocco. I still think he will stay around a big 4 club rather than go to a rubish club with a rubish culture.

Roos has a cushy media job where he sits on a couch once a week then on the weekend gets to commentate on his beloved Swans. Sorry barrack for them is the right term. Heard he's on decent coin too. No media heat or pressure. Not going to leave this for a basket case like Melbourne. If the perfect team came along he'd suddenly have "the fire in the belly".

It will be Eade or Chocco unfortunately.