Opposition discussion | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Opposition discussion

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Have you read that somewhere? If so, geez $1.5m this season and you need to rest him after his 1st game!
Was on tonight's sport report on ch7. Swannies still gotta somehow get another cuppla seasons out of the Budwha. Playing every second week might be the best way to limp him to the finish line.

Reactions: 1 user

Bill Haverchuck

Tiger Superstar
Jun 27, 2011
Saints also coming of a 5 day break when we play em , just ridiculous..
The way the AFL is pandering to 7 is a joke...

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
So Caldwell the poor kid has done a serious 6 to 8 week hamstring after having done 2 already at GWS.

Arsendon fans would be hoping this isn’t going to be another Dildo-ro stuff up...

Reactions: 1 users

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Saw David Mundy picked up 3 votes .... Guy turns 36 mid season, will pass Pavlich in Rd 22 for most games At Freo. Unsung on east coast. Has inflicted pain on us across his 17 seasons.

Reactions: 3 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
I find it amusing that Kane Cornes references everything back to Port Adelaide like they are the bench mark of the competition.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Losing Shiel for an extended period will actually help them
Geelong supporters are also seriously considering an appeal against Gary Rohan’s 3 match ban. They believe it manifestly inadequate.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Then on FC they were talking about us and said "but we haven't played anyone yet".
No I think that’s fair. On the other hand Port has played two teams widely considered to be the testing material of the competition this season.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

an_oxford_man

Tiger Champion
Nov 21, 2004
The inclusion of three talented players can revolutionise a club.

The aggressive recruitment of Prestia, Nankervis and Caddy in the off-season of 2016, preceded the emancipating premiership that proved Richmond was only needing a slight push to become the dominant force in the football universe.

In 2018, Port jagged Rozee, Butters and Duursma. And despite their youth (and in the case of Dusty’s heir, an ongoing injury concern) they contributed 25% of the goals kicked in a low scoring preliminary final in 2020, when their team was just 6 behinds shy of the World Beating, History Making Premiers.

In 2020, the Sydney Tom Papley Loners recruited some friends to not just hang around him, but demote almost every other player in the starting 18 down the batting order by three. Those recruits in no particular order are: Gulden, Campbell & McDonald.

In round three 2021, the revolutionised and undefeated Tom Papley Loners & Friends play off against the undefeated World Beating, History Making Premiers. And the reason why this is such a fascinating game is because Campbell, McDonald and Gulden have more upside than Rozee, Butters and Duursma. And this is round three when World Beating, History Making Premiers don’t need to be fully wound up to sell memberships in a covid economy.

This is our first game of relevance on Saturday. We might need to flex some muscle.

Reactions: 8 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Saw David Mundy picked up 3 votes .... Guy turns 36 mid season, will pass Pavlich in Rd 22 for most games At Freo. Unsung on east coast. Has inflicted pain on us across his 17 seasons.

He's a very good ordinary player. I like him.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I'm sure I heard a couple of Geesook fans on Kermit's show this morning sooking that Sam Reid should've got more than Clangerfield.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
And to think Greg Miller was working over time to bring him to Tigerland

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Fagan is one of the good guys. Looks like might have given Scott a mouthful as they were walking off the ground at quarter time.

Reactions: 1 user