Opposition discussion | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Opposition discussion

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Be interesting to see how the Swans go fitting Budwah back in the side..
He's missed a heck of a lot of footy the past couple of season & is now 34 years old but rmains dangerous if he can get himself right. Can't believe I'm saying it but personally I reckon they should be looking beyond him given the impressive way those youngsters played last week.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Be interesting to see how the Swans go fitting Budwah back in the side..
He's missed a heck of a lot of footy the past couple of season & is now 34 years old but rmains dangerous if he can get himself right. Can't believe I'm saying it but personally I reckon they should be looking beyond him given the impressive way those youngsters played last week.
If it wasn't for that mega contract he'd have had to retire by now i'd imagine. Be good to see how Balta goes on him next week

Reactions: 1 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
The song I want to hear blasting tomorrow night at 10:00pm is "da...da...da...da...daaaaaaa"

rinso17

Tiger Superstar
Feb 2, 2005
The song I want to hear blasting tomorrow night at 10:00pm is "da...da...da...da...daaaaaaa"
As would I however the young Bloozers would have been pumped up to 65psi given they were facing a now legendary outfit unfurling 2 flags no less, in a seasons opener as the away team, against the off and on field Juggernaught everything Richmond has become. And as if that was not intimidating enough theres the whole Dusty thing. They gave it all and were brave but, they are a young team and I suspect will have a come down from there and coming up against a capable and urgent Collingscum team who typically will show up as the under dog, should be the narrative of this game.

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Bloody rude isn't it. Shoulder in his fourth game last year. Knee in his first game this year. What's next? Does the poor bugger pop something during preseason next year?
Hate seeing players getting crapped upon by the injury gods.
Yep bring him to Punt Road we'll get him right.

His price has just taken another hit.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Ill believe that when I see it.

Not many KPF'ds get played soft and loose on.

I reckon he's gonna be a star.

I reckon he could be Buddy to Logan McDonalds Roughy.

Didn't see Mcdonald play on Saturday but a bloke who played with in Perth reckoned he was very Nick Reiwoldt.

Im really looking forward to seeing JUH

And North didn't take him.

Did they possibly blow drafting their next King Carey to lead them from the wilderness.

When you suck and are rebuilding at the bottom of the ladder you take gun KPP's as they need 2 extra years to get up to speed.

Could be a horrendously bad draft mistake by the Kangas not to mention the Crows who went the safe option with Thilthorpe.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Well, one of Blandbane or Geewhinge is gonna be 0-2 after tonight. Dynooooo-mite !
Was hoping to hang *smile* on my younger Bro tonight. *smile* Brisvegas folding like a pair of deuces in a high stakes game. Clench, Manygollies, Duncan n pretend Jezza not playing for the Moggies n Brisvegas still not getting near them.

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
How could anyone miss biclavs dropping the ball 2 metres out from brisbanes goals,that ump should be dropped as close to outright cheating.

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
How could anyone miss biclavs dropping the ball 2 metres out from brisbanes goals,that ump should be dropped as close to outright cheating.
I am so sick of the one sided umpiring they get every year in that shithole ground of theirs.

I am sick of the aggressive bully that chris scott is and the AFL say NOTHING - no fine, no reprimand, no suspended sentence. the guy is a *smile* and bully. I despise Geelong and Selwood.

Reactions: 4 users

Letsroar

Tiger Matchwinner
May 19, 2014
The poor umpiring by OGorman at the end left a sour taste to an interesting game

With all Geelong’s outs the Lions should really have won that. Either last year flattered them or they are terribly out of form

The jury still out for me on Geelong as when the outs return the kids will be dropped. IMO a few kids lift a side with their enthusiasm. Still not convinced that the Cameron and Hawkins set up will work all that well especially if it means less leg speed in the forward line. To counter that argument Cameron for Rohan a massive upgrade but I don’t think that is what they will do

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
didn’t realise Higgins was such a sniper/niggler . He got 2 frees after initiating contact with opponents at stoppages. He looked pretty average. As did Smith. They look a bit off last year. Dangerfield and Duncan help but their backline is slow and pretty average one on one.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Geelong looked pedestrian. Brisbane woeful kicking and the umpiring got them the win. Brisbane looked dereft of confidence in first half. Looked more threatening when they had momentum. Based on that game, neither side looked a contender

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
didn’t realise Higgins was such a sniper/niggler . He got 2 frees after initiating contact with opponents at stoppages. He looked pretty average. As did Smith. They look a bit off last year. Dangerfield and Duncan help but their backline is slow and pretty average one on one.
I didn't either, but on display tonight. Aging players bag of tricks I guess.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
The umpiring for the last 5 minutes was truly atrocious. That 50m penalty was a joke and the free missed which would have given Brisbane the win was unbelievable.

This is a professional elite sport, the umpires simply can't perform that badly.

I only saw the last quarter but a lot of chipping around and, gee, Geelong certainly like to go sideways.

DS

Reactions: 2 users