Opposition discussion | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Opposition discussion

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
reckon our opposition analysis guys could have their work cut out for them
we have people from the club talking them selves up for this year , thats a tad unusual

so if we have our eyes fixed on finals and maybe a Grand Final berth
you don't want to lose any more than 7 games because you wont make top 4 and probably only 6 games max

the top 6 at the end of h&A last year was
Dees, Port, Cats, Lions, WB & Swans

all those clubs will believe they are a real chance this year and preparing accordingly
what I see is 6 different styles and potentially Port, Cats , Lions & Swans having home ground advantages

and we get WB in round 4 and Dees in round 6

I'd say we want to win at least one of those games
Bulldogs got off to a flier last year winning their 1st 6 then we beat them by 22pts
and Melb won their 1st 9 games

what do we think will be the key to beating them ?

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Few things I've noted so far;

1) Coffield out for the year for St Kilda- Brutal. Him and Hunter Clark are the only chance this mob has. Is there a more nothing list in the league besides. King, Clark, Steele and Gresham? Lot of plodders. Rowan Marshall? Fancy Troy Simmonds. Dougal Howard? Very poor man Astbury.

2). Sam Walsh signing for Carlton today - HUGE BOOST. Clubs scream for momentum-building moments. Having not-so-crazy Vossy in charge and then Walsh committing are linked. He likes what he sees. Walsh is a legit gun. If I could have any mid under 22 in the comp its him.

3) Freo- started looking at lists this weekend. Freo are not that far away. A lot to like there.

4) Huge wraps on Josh Ward. Burning up the track. Lock round 1.

Reactions: 1 user

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
Few things I've noted so far;

1) Coffield out for the year for St Kilda- Brutal. Him and Hunter Clark are the only chance this mob has. Is there a more nothing list in the league besides. King, Clark, Steele and Gresham? Lot of plodders. Rowan Marshall? Fancy Troy Simmonds. Dougal Howard? Very poor man Astbury.

2). Sam Walsh signing for Carlton today - HUGE BOOST. Clubs scream for momentum-building moments. Having not-so-crazy Vossy in charge and then Walsh committing are linked. He likes what he sees. Walsh is a legit gun. If I could have any mid under 22 in the comp its him.

3) Freo- started looking at lists this weekend. Freo are not that far away. A lot to like there.

4) Huge wraps on Josh Ward. Burning up the track. Lock round 1.
yes the other side to my question who is the spoiler team this year
last year the Crows beat the Cats and the Dees but only win 7 games in total (North twice ) to finish 15th

I could see GC pulling a couple of surprise wins this year , they would play good footy for 2 or 3 qtrs and then fall away badly

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Agree, it's a huge boost for them. Walsh is a club building player and a fine character to boot.

I think Voss will create one of the all time redemption stories in this gig. Very, very good operator and if they get their list right then he will deliver success.
Yeah, I think Carlton did ok here. I've watched a few Vossy clips and he speaks so well, a lot of Dimma.

It's not great when Essendon, Carlton and Collingwood appoint good gaffers all at once.

yes the other side to my question who is the spoiler team this year
last year the Crows beat the Cats and the Dees but only win 7 games in total (North twice ) to finish 15th

I could see GC pulling a couple of surprise wins this year , they would play good footy for 2 or 3 qtrs and then fall away badly
I'm not sure there is going to be any absolute bunnies this year. Last might get 7 wins.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
In the Hun today apparently. .... Mick Warner’s done a hatchet job on Goodwin etc.
Disappointed Caro didn't get onto this... too busy sifting through Dimma private life obviously!

Loose cannon?

Secret documents reveal crisis talks over coach’s behaviour​

Melbourne’s board was so alarmed over allegations of drinking, gambling and bullying by Simon Goodwin they considered standing down the coach, leaked documents reveal.

Ps... sorry, non subscriber so can't provide the article.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
In the Hun today apparently. .... Mick Warner’s done a hatchet job on Goodwin etc.
Disappointed Caro didn't get onto this... too busy sifting through Dimma private life obviously!

Loose cannon?

Secret documents reveal crisis talks over coach’s behaviour​

Melbourne’s board was so alarmed over allegations of drinking, gambling and bullying by Simon Goodwin they considered standing down the coach, leaked documents reveal.

Ps... sorry, non subscriber so can't provide the article.
Nuh....let's keep talking about Dimma's private life. Let's see if the media actually build up on this. Could be a deflator for Egobourne.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Coleman-Jones was on SEN today. I didn't care for his cliched responses too much except for when he said Jason Horne-Francis had about 30+ touches in their intra club in minimal game time last weekend. Call me an optimist but I've dropped a few lazy bucks on him for the Brownlow at 250-1.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Coleman-Jones was on SEN today. I didn't care for his cliched responses too much except for when he said Jason Horne-Francis had about 30+ touches in their intra club in minimal game time last weekend. Call me an optimist but I've dropped a few lazy bucks on him for the Brownlow at 250-1.

You're an optimist . . . actually that's an understatement.

Good odds though.

DS

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
He's $5 for the Rising Star. You should have had 50 times as much on that instead.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Nothing is guaranteed

Exhibit #1 = Matt Rowell
Not saying it's guaranteed, TP. But it's at least 100 times more likely than him winning the Brownlow. And if he did win the Brownlow you'd imagine he'd sh1t in the RS.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Bit harsh for poor old Mould Coast n Stewie. Rowell starts off like a super star n pops a shoulder, now King has popped a knee just as he looked like becoming an elite key forward.
Bloody cruel game at times is Aussie rules.

Reactions: 1 users