Opposition discussion | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Opposition discussion

As we know, Carlton are the Scum, Collingwood are the Filth, and Essington are the Veruca Salts. Tonight, I declare the Scats the Shiteaters.

What collective nouns could we use for the other clubs? Suggestions welcome. Here's a few off the top of the dome:

Adelaide - the Crowcheters (they like to knit)
Brisbane - of course they are the Bears, but I like the Dummies too
Freo - the Shockers, the Dunkers
Gold Coast/GWS - the who gives a *smile*. Also the Black Hole Suns.
Hawthorn - the Dentists (Dingley Dentists if you like alliteration)
Melbourne - the Tankers (also applicable to Carlton), the Cheeseeaters
Norf - the Vagrants, the Bums, the Deros, the Leeches
Poort - the Puffers, the Powderpuffs
St Kilda - the Losers, the Spooners
Sydney - the Ducks, the Swanth
West Coast - ?
Bulldogs - Throwdogs, Chuckducks

Reactions: 1 user
As we know, Carlton are the Scum, Collingwood are the Filth, and Essington are the Veruca Salts. Tonight, I declare the Scats the Shiteaters.

What collective nouns could we use for the other clubs? Suggestions welcome. Here's a few off the top of the dome:

West Coast - ?
Crikey, I hope non of them get offended by any of those names.

Suppose the Carltons let Vyteringg go for pick #1 or so. Could they replace him with the pick. *Do you have any idea how many Supercoach points Weetering gets?* Too many.

If Vytering (you call him Wheatering) is the best FB in the game he won't be next year. And on what planet are full backs precious? The poor ones are not far off the best. You think you hate Tylar Young? Darcy Moore is not much better.

Is Lewis Young much worse than Vyeteringg? He's better in the air. And often. But he bungles. A lot. Not like 24 then? 24 is the worst bungler of all time. Thingo. From Sydney. Whatsisname. Newman. He's a problem. *But he gets so many supercoach points." Are you still here?

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Suppose the Carltons let Vyteringg go for pick #1 or so. Could they replace him with the pick. *Do you have any idea how many Supercoach points Weetering gets?* Too many.

If Vytering (you call him Wheatering) is the best FB in the game he won't be next year. And on what planet are full backs precious? The poor ones are not far off the best. You think you hate Tylar Young? Darcy Moore is not much better.

Is Lewis Young much worse than Vyeteringg? He's better in the air. And often. But he bungles. A lot. Not like 24 then? 24 is the worst bungler of all time. Thingo. From Sydney. Whatsisname. Newman. He's a problem. *But he gets so many supercoach points." Are you still here?
If the top full backs are over rated. What does that make the bog average full backs worth?
If someone were to offer say a Toby Tylar plus a Funky Miller in exchange for either a Macy Door or a Weeter the entire competition would loudly n laughingly suggest that someone was in need of a quiet dark corner to vegetate in.
Should a bold n free thinking ambitious club do away with expensive key defenders entirely and somehow try n radicalize the way the game is played n understood.

This site has its own language to decode. Making my noggin ache.

Pretmdyerian.
Thought processes n linguistics far to rigidly structured Emo. Dim the lights, soothe the soundtrack, loosen the mental constraints n a whole new world of understanding will open up for you. Shrooms or weed highly recommended if assistance is required to achieve the desired levels of unhingedness.

West Coast - ?
west coast are the E-girls

Thought processes n linguistics far to rigidly structured Emo. Dim the lights, soothe the soundtrack, loosen the mental constraints n a whole new world of understanding will open up for you. Shrooms or weed highly recommended if assistance is required to achieve the desired levels of unhingedness.
I'm steering clear of Leongatha in case I get some amanita phalloides on my search for a virgin experience of psilocybin.

Lewis Young is better than Weitering in the air? Come back to earth Jack. I gotta start watching the game stoned.

They ain't doing better than Weitering unless they swap him for Taylor

Key backmen are a hell of a lot easier to replace than key forwards but the class ones aren't.

Lewis Young is better than Weitering in the air? Come back to earth Jack. I gotta start watching the game stoned.

They ain't doing better than Weitering unless they swap him for Taylor

Key backmen are a hell of a lot easier to replace than key forwards but the class ones aren't.
Lewis Young has a bit on Weitering in the air, IMO, MIles. They're a strange pair. Can't play in the same backline. Young plays bigger and gets a bit more air.

Weitering is a very fine full back but there are half a dozen who can jump clean over him. Weitering is the second best ground level defender of the key backs. Taylor is almost Grimes class in this respect. A freak. Weitering has poise. He's a rock. He is thrown into relief in the Carlton backline because there are so many idiots. Kemp is the worst decision maker in the history of the game.

Weitering is a full back. They don't win you premierships. Midfielders and tall forwards do. Carlton has tall forwards. But not a midfield.

They won't get a better fullback than Jacob Weitering? Who cares? With a big draft pick in the looming midfielders draft they may get the Clayton Oliver they overlooked when they took a full back at #1 in the ND. And how would they look if they'd taken Rozee or Butters with the pick they squandered on Potato Squalsh?

They can right those wrongs. Trade/RFA out Weitering and get that midfielder. That will take heat off their backline. Backs look a lot better when the ball is up the other end. And we can finally see how Weitering goes against people who can really play - Prince Harry and King Charlie (monarchist dogs). There will certainly be one dented reputation.

If the top full backs are over rated. What does that make the bog average full backs worth?
If someone were to offer say a Toby Tylar plus a Funky Miller in exchange for either a Macy Door or a Weeter the entire competition would loudly n laughingly suggest that someone was in need of a quiet dark corner to vegetate in.
Should a bold n free thinking ambitious club do away with expensive key defenders entirely and somehow try n radicalize the way the game is played n understood.
Leaving aside the theoretical trade values, TM. Who's the better #1 back - Nick Vlastuin or Alex Rance?

History shows there's not much in it. After Rance retired Valstuin played front of the pack like some kind of Francis Bourke. Alex Rance is twice the player that Jacob Weitering is. Even now. But was replaced. Seamlessly.

Full backs don't matter much. And are idealised. They all bungle - none as much as Darcy Moore who was easily WOG in last year's GF. A mediocre full back is enough. OTOH you can't replace Dion Prestia or Clayton Oliver with a battler. They win you premierships. Each is a right bower, not just an 8 in trump. *Weitering is better than that.* Ok. A 9 in trump.

A further note on full backs. Is Damien Dogwick all in on Weitering? Not in at all because he's content with Sam Collins(!). Dogwick has his doggy little muzzle sniffing around a champion back like Daniel Rioli. A game breaker.

Reactions: 2 users
Lewis Young has a bit on Weitering in the air, IMO, MIles. They're a strange pair. Can't play in the same backline. Young plays bigger and gets a bit more air.

Weitering is a very fine full back but there are half a dozen who can jump clean over him. Weitering is the second best ground level defender of the key backs. Taylor is almost Grimes class in this respect. A freak. Weitering has poise. He's a rock. He is thrown into relief in the Carlton backline because there are so many idiots. Kemp is the worst decision maker in the history of the game.

Weitering is a full back. They don't win you premierships. Midfielders and tall forwards do. Carlton has tall forwards. But not a midfield.

Interested in what you thought of Rance? They could all jump clean over him.

Young plays bigger than Weitering? Am yet to see that but will keep an eye on him. Young was a hack at the dogs - fancy a side with the worlds worst KD letting you go?

Lewis Young may be as good as Alex Keath one day.

Would I take a KD with the first pick - no way. Would Oliver or Parish make them a better side? Prime time Oliver probably would.