Opposition discussion | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Opposition discussion

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
The Essendon Edge went blunt pretty quick.

Poor quality steel will do that :cool:
They got an inaccurate saints without king and lost X score by a goal. Basically a stringer 50m bomb was the deciding factor.

Other than that they beat hawthorn and actually lost that game on X-score too which shows you were they are really at as hawthorn isn’t actually shooting the lights out.

Lloyd can’t help himself getting excited about fools gold every year.

Reactions: 1 user

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
Would we have any interest at all in 27 yo Lachlan Hosie,has kicked a lot of goals last 2 years and started with 5 this year in opening round or is he just too old.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Wild theory, the Jermey Finalyson suspension is taking a long time. The terms he used is horrible but they are even worse if directed at a player who is part of that community. Are the AFL in consultation with an individual who is trying to rightly protect himself? He owes us nothing.

I fail to believe that terms like this haven't been used before and don't forget that the Essendon players reported the incident. And good on them for sticking up for a mate if that is true.

Reactions: 1 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Would we have any interest at all in 27 yo Lachlan Hosie,has kicked a lot of goals last 2 years and started with 5 this year in opening round or is he just too old.
I like Hosie, very talented. North chewed him up and spat him out in 2020. But he’s 28 for season ‘25 and the mid sized forward (189cm) is a tough gig. Can’t see it happening.

His Glenelg and SA team mate Matthew Allen is also a talent, 193cm mid with that lovely left foot. But he too may be too old for season ‘25 at aged 27.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Wild theory, the Jermey Finalyson suspension is taking a long time. The terms he used is horrible but they are even worse if directed at a player who is part of that community. Are the AFL in consultation with an individual who is trying to rightly protect himself? He owes us nothing.

I fail to believe that terms like this haven't been used before and don't forget that the Essendon players reported the incident. And good on them for sticking up for a mate if that is true.
I am surprised that no names have been mentioned in who the words were directed at.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Interesting discussion on rebuilds on OTC. Saying drafts are compromised, particular focus on Suns academy and Tassie, and how hard it is for Hawks, Norf, WC, and us, made the point with us that we are yet to embark on the rebuild, (which is mostly true).

For me, I think Norf have laid the foundation. They have a core of young guns, the equalisation policies have worked, they just need some defenders, and a coach (thats me not OTC). Ditto WC, they've tanked and cashed-in, not as much as north but still. Hawks though, stuff them, they have done a richmond of the late 8os, 90s, swapped pick after pick for fair to middling journeymen, only have themselves to blame, OTC were carrying on as if they were oppressed.

As for us, they didn't really discuss it, but the Tassie timeframe discussion really hit home to me that we have to hit the draft right now, this year baby!

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Interesting discussion on rebuilds on OTC. Saying drafts are compromised, particular focus on Suns academy and Tassie, and how hard it is for Hawks, Norf, WC, and us, made the point with us that we are yet to embark on the rebuild, (which is mostly true).

For me, I think Norf have laid the foundation. They have a core of young guns, the equalisation policies have worked, they just need some defenders, and a coach (thats me not OTC). Ditto WC, they've tanked and cashed-in, not as much as north but still. Hawks though, stuff them, they have done a richmond of the late 8os, 90s, swapped pick after pick for fair to middling journeymen, only have themselves to blame, OTC were carrying on as if they were oppressed.

As for us, they didn't really discuss it, but the Tassie timeframe discussion really hit home to me that we have to hit the draft right now, this year baby!
If there's any consolations, as list wasn't great when GCS and GWS came in. Yes we had our cream already (Cotch, Jack, Dusty, Edwards, Rance), but we had to rebuild post Wallace in expansion.
For example...
Conca, Batchelor, Helbig, MacDonald, Derickx
Ellis, Elton, Arnot
Vlaustin, McIntosh, McBean, McDonough..
Ben Lennon. Nathan Gordon, Sam Lloyd, Ricky Pettard

Yet even with those guys and misses, smart trading/free agents got us up and about. Can Blair do it again?

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014

North traded out their defenders and brought in low grade backups.
At least we have high quality talls and high potential talls.
North need to do a Melbin and bring in May and Lever.
Harder to do that if the club is a basket case and the expansion teams are making headway. Cant see a May leaving Suns or Giants in the next few years

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
I'm still trying to work out which teams are any good. Comp seems pretty open.
It doesn't feel like there are any historically great teams this year.

Geelong are 6-0 and it feels like they are average.

Max Holmes, Gryan Miers, Mitch Duncan and Tanner Bruhn your leading midfielders. Yuk.

How are they 6-0? Putrid bunch.

Last edited:

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004

Max Holmes, Gryan Miers, Mitch Duncan and Tanner Bruhn your leading midfielders. Yuk.

Easy fixture. SHocking's the Il Padrino at this corrupt league and asked for this start to the season....or else.....

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com

It does feel like a false economy.

Honestly wish we hadn't had so many key injuries cause I don't feel like our best is that far off Geelold's.

yo_eddy

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 18, 2023
Vomited in my mouth while reading this. Yes it ignores their soft draw but hard to argue:

We may be forced into the awful position of having to support the Pies or Blues to prevent a Cat premiership.

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
Vomited in my mouth while reading this. Yes it ignores their soft draw but hard to argue:

We may be forced into the awful position of having to support the Pies or Blues to prevent a Cat premiership.
We are learning along the way that there is a hefty price to pay for winning 3 flags in 4 years.