Opposition discussion | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Opposition discussion

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Think Norrrrf may be on their heels.
Adelaide showed signs of improvement late last year and still have some quality on their list.

I reckon North for the spoon, the number of players they moved out was astounding, it is going to take a while for them to get out of the bottom 4.

DS

Reactions: 1 users

shad

Tiger Champion
Apr 6, 2010
Castlemaine
Adelaide showed signs of improvement late last year and still have some quality on their list.

I reckon North for the spoon, the number of players they moved out was astounding, it is going to take a while for them to get out of the bottom 4.

DS
Yeah. I reckon North are going to stockpile number 1 picks for a couple of years at least.

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
Adelaide are a mess.
Will win 1 or 2 games this year.
It's rotten down there.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Anyone see or hear how well Ratten spoke about Ryder?

I don’t like St Kilda but have a soft spot for Ratten. I like him as a person. Is genuine and been through tragedy in his personal life.

He was treated poorly by Carlton who wanted to get Malthouse who they saw as their saviour.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Anyone see or hear how well Ratten spoke about Ryder?

I don’t like St Kilda but have a soft spot for Ratten. I like as a person. Is genuine and been through tragedy in his personal life.

He was treated poorly by Carlton who wanted to get Malthouse who they saw as their saviour.
Totally agree W. I should also mention that I don't mind Treloar now, and Stephenson, and Tom Phillips.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
We give Treloar a bit of stick for obvious reasons, tho having seen him on 360 last yr or 2 it's actually hard to dislike him.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
I don't mind the concept, the only issue I can see if someone who misses a couple of weeks might have a bit of a task to find discussion on a specific game.
Yer, I'm with you. I like being able to look up a particular oppo game and check comments, contribute etc. The alternative sounds like it could become a huge mess very quickly.
If it ain't broken ...

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
“We want to beat Richmond. We are sick of them winning,” Betts said.

I like Eddie but he also said: “I know I will be right. I have just watched the boys train all pre-season.”

So he's fit to go because he watched the rest train!? Hope they pick him.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I always got sick of players like Betts who would have a day out against us when we were crap. We need to win games like this because we need to make top 4 now we are good. I know it is irritating Eddie but when you are contending for the flag you need to keep winning against the lesser teams, even if they are improving and on the rise.

Betts is a quality player and comes across as a genuinely nice human being. A lot of people wondered why Carlton recruited him given he likely only has a couple of years left and is not as good as he once was. That comment is precisely why they recruited Betts, because Betts will be pissed off with an honourable loss, because Betts will say that he doesn't care that they are playing the team that won the last 2 flags - they should be expecting to beat us. If I was Carlton I would be applauding these comments.

DS

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Geez. Bloody St. Kiddenme are having a nightmare pre season. Young King got taken out by a golf ball n has to miss the opener with concussion. *smile* mate shanked a shot n nailed the kid.
King, Ryder, Marshall, Geary, Hanners all missing to start the season, got a feeling Gee Whizz are monties first up.

Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Geez. Bloody St. Kiddenme are having a nightmare pre season. Young King got taken out by a golf ball n has to miss the opener with concussion. *smile* mate shanked a shot n nailed the kid.
King, Ryder, Marshall, Geary, Hanners all missing to start the season, got a feeling Gee Whizz are monties first up.

That'll teach him to stand at less than a right angle to his playing partner.

Reactions: 2 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
That'll teach him to stand at less than a right angle to his playing partner.

Yep. Always as a young kid caddying, it was stand behind the golfer. That way he couldn't see you during his swing n he couldn't hit you with a shank.

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Watching the Geewhinge game on Saturday night and noticed a few guys arguing with one another. Hawkins was his usual self, telling everyone what to do but noticed Guthrie having a go at Henry for not hand balling to him, Cameron talking to Higgins and Higgins giving him the “f off” look and then Clark getting a few frustrated looks for one or two poor kicks. Hmmmm.
Sounds good.

Cracks are there beneath the veneer of faux confidence.

The media heaping the pressure on them and I am loving it.