Opposition discussion | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Opposition discussion

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
WOW what a crucial win to Brisbane going 0-3 and quite possibly 0-4 destroys a season

We should take notice , not on the quality of the 4 qtr effort , rather the grit and composure shown
without big Oscar and going with a 3rd string ruck Grundy dominates
Neale was ineffectual and Harris Andrews seemed to take a while to build into the game
it shows the others and especially their bottom 6 players, that they have the right attitude to take them to finals again

so I hope our opposition analysts keep a close eye on them , they might be one of the two teams we have to beat to make the 2021 GF :)

wayne

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2007
Traralgon
Stuck with Grundy and his huge contract. You'd want your million dollar a year players to be game breakers, not get huge stats for no benefit to the team at all.

Reactions: 2 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Stuck with Grundy and his huge contract. You'd want your million dollar a year players to be game breakers, not get huge stats for no benefit to the team at all.

I said it all last year,

Grundy's worn out.

so many of our opponent's saddlebags are full of very highly paid, long term, average players.

while we keep locking away champs on everyday money.

I think we will dominate the competition for the next 5 years.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Geelong should be 0-3, are 2-1. After North, they are the worst team in the comp to watch. I just did the ladder predictor, and we're getting a top-4 pick after beating the Dogs in the GF.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Geelong should be 0-3, are 2-1. After North, they are the worst team in the comp to watch. I just did the ladder predictor, and we're getting a top-4 pick after beating the Dogs in the GF.

Saltmine Scott admitted last night that the new rules were having an effect and that for all intents and purposes they struggled through yesterday playing to what they are built for, but that they would have to adjust for the longer term. Sort of like they were buying time a bit.

Reckon we are going to have to do the same - or work out a way to "normalise" the game a bit - not as much as Geewhinge but still. Geewhinge seem as if they might be impacted a fair bit more than most (for now).

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Gee St Kilda look lost. Turned quickly for them. Butler & Higgins having zero impact.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Apparently, it looks like Cartoon's theme song comes from a racist song called Lily of Laguna.

The bloke who campaigned for Coon cheese to change their name is now on Cartoon's back to change the song, but they told him Betts and previous indigenous players disagreed to the change.

This will be interesting. :))

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Apparently, it looks like Cartoon's theme song comes from a racist song called Lily of Laguna.

The bloke who campaigned for Coon cheese to change their name is now on Cartoon's back to change the song, but they told him Betts and previous indigenous players disagreed to the change.

This will be interesting. :))
Left-wing activism is utterly destructive and is finding itself regularly trying to consume its own. How long until they come for Collingwood’s “cakewalk” lyric?

• Haha

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne

What Grand Final you talking about Spooker ?

Kochies already won it on Friday NIght.

• Haha