Opposition discussion | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Opposition discussion

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
normally the sides that finish top 4-6 are slower out of the gates and this year was the shortest pre season gap between from one season to another in afl/vfl history especially for geelong,tigers ,9 weeks less than non finalist from a normal season.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Obviously seen what a great job Peggy has done. I expect to hear in the next few days that Goodwin is dating a junior staffer and the HUN will have photos of them walking the dog in Elwood. Petracca will run out this week covered in tatts and will appear in a TV ad for Tradie jocks.
Can't be stepping on the Homey Badgers turf ...

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Hah hah hah hah. Dudbourne. FFS. Do people ever learn anything ? They've sharpened up their ball movement (which has been terrible the last few years), but they've got little to nothing up forward and are almost exclusively relying on short kicks to small forwards to kick a score. That's got a limited future - especially against well co-ordinated backlines.

Spargo, Neal-Bullen, Jones, Sparrow, Langdon, Tomlinson, Jordon ....and others. Please, give me a break.
I'll judge Dees when they have played some decent sides, they are the only team atm to have not yet played a top 8 side....
they have also had 21 players that have played in every game.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I'll judge Dees when they have played some decent sides, they are the only team atm to have not yet played a top 8 side....
they have also had 21 players that have played in every game.
Not sticking up for the GoDeez, but people levelled the same criticism at us at the start of 2017.

Reactions: 1 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Geez I hope WCE flog Scumwood tonight. Scumwood winning would actually benefit us more, but the thought of ending their season, the turmoil etc. that would follow, is just too good to not wish for.

Reactions: 2 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Well, Jonathon Patton has decided to retire immediately.

Wow. Talk about a career gone wrong. Next superstar key forward, cruelled by injuries, then cruelled by his own idiocy. All done.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
“I am a huge advocate not just for gender equality issues but all equity issues and inclusion of all people. I said to Gillon McLachlan that I will be using this platform to promote those equity issues every single chance I get because it is so important to do more. We have got to be better. It is as much about being a female president as it is being president of the mighty Melbourne Dees."

- new Melbourne president Kate Roffey

I'm sure those are the words every long-suffering Melbourne fan wanted to hear.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Geez I hope WCE flog Scumwood tonight. Scumwood winning would actually benefit us more, but the thought of ending their season, the turmoil etc. that would follow, is just too good to not wish for.
If they cop a pasting tonight, SEN post the final siren will be must listen material!

Reactions: 1 user

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
“I am a huge advocate not just for gender equality issues but all equity issues and inclusion of all people. I said to Gillon McLachlan that I will be using this platform to promote those equity issues every single chance I get because it is so important to do more. We have got to be better. It is as much about being a female president as it is being president of the mighty Melbourne Dees."

Sounds like the mind is already away from the job & they have run for the position for all the wrong reasons.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003

Is she somehow related to the goal umpire with the nice arse? Chelsea?? :peepwall

Knowledge, skill, talent, conviction, application, appetite for the role, should always be the precursors for any role. Not whether it's female or male or we need to " equalise " just because it's not fair otherwise.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Farkin Wet Coke. Think they'd take their collective hand off it at home, bunch of flamin knob jockeys.

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011

Good to hear that she's got her priorities straight.

She does realise that she's president of a football club?