Opposition Player you hate the most and why? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Opposition Player you hate the most and why?

Tassie27

Come and give me a kiss!!
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
James Hird - because I have never forgiven him for his arrogant attitude way back in 1995 when the Tigers were about to play the Bombers and on the footy show when asked about the game Jimmy said that he thought Essendon would win easy because we were playing above ourselves and had done so for the entire season. We ended up drawing that game (Maxfield I believe put is front in the dying minutes despite his broken jaw).

How can a team play above themselves? Instead, shouldn't you say they are playing to their full potential?

TigersGoddess

Sing it Loud
Dec 17, 2002
Punt Road Oval
rosy, the reason why i dislike him is because his rude, always costs the team free kicks with his utter stupidity, and doesn't have a tiger bone in his body, and is a disgrace to the tiger jumper
More like you hate him because we got rid of Daffy for him and he's wearing number 10. Open your eyes, Staff has been nothing but a good player for us but I guess you were too rapped up in Nick to notice that.

Ox

"Waitin' for 05."
Aug 19, 2003
Wayne Carey.

Deceitful,Shane warnesque and was banging his best mates wife at his other best mates house while her kids were asleep waiting for their mum to come home.

Sally Carey - come to Tigerland........... ;D

g0tigers

carn the mighty tiges
Jun 16, 2003
Victoria, Australia
Wayne carey - just becuase he is wayne carey

Matthew Lloyd - he deserves a logie and a spot on neighbours after his acting this yr

Bryon Pickett - :mad:

Jason Akermanis - Does this guy EVER shut up?!?!?!

oh and pretty much any one that has played for Adelaide or Port adelaide.

I used to dislike james Hird - but after reading his book, my opinon totally changed. and Meeting him aswell - never met a nicer footy player. (expcet for maybe Bowden or Woewodin... ::)) Now no one can say a bad word about Hirdy to me ;D

londontiger

The New RFC Cheersquad Chant.
Dec 17, 2002
London , United Kingdon
Without a doubt it would have to be Tony Lockett.

He was coming to Tigerland, and then the AFL threw money at Sydney to take him.

I have no doubt we would have won a premiership or two in the 90s if he came.

P

PuntRoadRoar

well living in perth i hate the eagles and dockers so the 2 players i hate the most would be

1. Phillip Matera ........ i hate him and his big nose and girlie clapping after he kicks a goal
2. Paul Deadhead (Medhurst) ...he is another smart @rse player who you love to hate.

WJP

Tiger Rookie
Jul 28, 2003
VIC
It has to be Wayne Carey what a w@#$%r, it anoys me how the media call him the king, and boy dosen't he believe it. I'm sick of that smug look on his face.
He dosen't have to do much in a game just kick at least 2 goals and the media cream themselves over him.

cogs_is_sexy24

Tiger Rookie
Jul 12, 2003
Melbourne
geez, where do i start?!?

lloyd - takes too long to kick goals, the way he overreacts when he is hit (he should get a permanent role in Bulger!), and the way he tucks his shorts so high.

buckley - i've met him before, and he is a nice guy, but on field i cant stand him. gets his way everytime. oh yeh, he's eddie McEverywhere's companion.

carey - cuz of what he did to his wife and best mate

spider everitt - dont know why, just something about him that i dont like.

as for a player who doesnt play anymore: warrick capper. i was too young to see him play, but now - UGH!!! cant stand the guy. oh yeh, and libba.

i have so many more that i dont like but i cant think at the moment.

nwonash

Tiger Champion
Aug 10, 2003
Melbourne
My vote goes to one up himself Nathan Buckley. He didnt earn the nickname FIG for nothing.

I lost total respect for Buckley when he refused to sign an autograph for a girl around 10 years old. He pushed her away and kept walking.

Everyone loves to comment on Richo spitting the dummy, there's no better dummy spitter than Nathan FIG Buckley.

tassiedave

Wingman of the future!
Aug 5, 2003
Smart arse David bloody King. Every time he drops to his knees and raises his arms after kicking a goal i want to kick the crap out of my TV. Hate him.....

and that idiot Glen Manton, talks absolute crap......

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I would have been happy if David King was a Tiger for his whole career.
I wonder if he would have been the same sort of player under our culture though.