Other clubs summer | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Other clubs summer

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
*Degoey shoulder will miss most of the pre season.
*King stkilda will miss most of 2023 shoulder injury. Injury prone.
*Stringer too many hot dogs

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
The Hipwood contract is an indication of how few key forwards there are in the AFL right now. It's their market to name their price.
It's also a huge trap to overpaying some like Hipwood. He's kicked between 25-37 goals the list five years and not over 30 the last three years.

These are Ty Vickery adjacent numbers. Second banana at best. You can do better. This is a guy who finished 49th on the goal kicking table.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Darcy Moore Osteomyelitis. Infection in the bone n marrow, hopefully they fix it with the antibiotic treatment. Can get fairly nasty if they don't get on top of it early.

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
Hipwood is an interesting study
hyped skinny tall forward
he struggled to put on size and has to work up high and wide on the ground to get a kick
his kicking stats are woeful but many are on the boundary well out
he's been easy pickings for us oppo supporters :)
his body is maturing
and I think his kicking is improving
I think in the next 5 years we'll see a better version of Eric Hipwood than previous
but still not one we will fear

and given losing McStay the Lions have been painted into a corner with Hipwood
good news for us

they are a likely top 8 maybe top 4 side again
so one we have to get over in the march to glory in 23/24/25

Reactions: 2 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I’d have Jack go round for another 5 years before signing Dudwood to a long term contract.

Reactions: 1 user

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
Jack has been fantastic for us over the stretch and stood up in many clutch moments

Without trying to rubbish Hipwood , I don't see him rising to Jack's level

We've had McBean , Elton , Pattinson , Griffiths , CCJ & Chol come and go
and no doubt the Lions have churned thru a few we are unaware of

We are now hoping Baeur and/or Sampson will come good

Look at it this way , aren't we lucky we haven't had to offer contracts like that , other than Dusty
for the sake of list structure

The Lions have the tallest small forward in Daniher, who likes to sneak out the back or if the defender loses touch , take a cheap hanger
he doesn't like holding the spot at the top of the square and bringing the ball to ground like Jack and Tom do
but the whole comp knows that but on his day he can hurt you on the score board so the Lions keep him
so that sort of forces them to keep Hipwood for the sake of structure

Stackey

Tiger Rookie
Jan 13, 2022
Jack has been fantastic for us over the stretch and stood up in many clutch moments

Without trying to rubbish Hipwood , I don't see him rising to Jack's level

We've had McBean , Elton , Pattinson , Griffiths , CCJ & Chol come and go
and no doubt the Lions have churned thru a few we are unaware of

We are now hoping Baeur and/or Sampson will come good

Look at it this way , aren't we lucky we haven't had to offer contracts like that , other than Dusty
for the sake of list structure

The Lions have the tallest small forward in Daniher, who likes to sneak out the back or if the defender loses touch , take a cheap hanger
he doesn't like holding the spot at the top of the square and bringing the ball to ground like Jack and Tom do
but the whole comp knows that but on his day he can hurt you on the score board so the Lions keep him
so that sort of forces them to keep Hipwood for the sake of structure
And Ty!

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
threatening to distribute an intimate image ................ Hmmm not doing it but threatening

Didnt even know that was a crime to send a selfie

*Joking