Ottens puts hand up for Fri Night | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ottens puts hand up for Fri Night

tigerland

Can u dig it.....SUCKA
May 12, 2003
Melb
Brad Ottens was interviewed on Fox Footy news last night just after training and he said he is putting his hand up for selection against the kangaroos on Friday night after training strongly, and pulling up well.

He said its up to the selectors if the wana play him. He said the panal have given him a list of drills to complete in Thursdays main training session, and if he completes them and pulls up well he may play.

This is great news!!! But my gut and my heart says he wont play and to give him another week or 2.

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
They mentioned on the ch 9 news tonight that they believe he has been given the all clear by the medicos to play and Otto is doing everything in his power to be right for Friday night. I still doubt he'll play in the ones first up as he hasn't played a match in 12 weeks or something.

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
I'd like to see Otto come back through Coburg, even though he has been given the all clear.

He hardly had a pre-season, and has only been in full training for around two weeks.

If he's right to go, play him, but with Coburg for a start.

Dont rush him, let him find some form, it's a pretty serious injury and we need to be very careful with it.

Having said that, he will play.

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002
whats the difference between playing him for coburg or against north?
the medico,s have given him the all clear and if he gets through thursday i say pick him and plonk him in the fwd line.another tall nth have to worry about instead of a middle sized player.

Tigerblood

Tiger Matchwinner
Dec 18, 2002
If he plays, can the negative posters just please back off with the criticism after the game?! Because there aint no chance in Hell of him doing much in that game - or in many others this year. His preseason was short, pre-Christmas training was poor due to the stake incident, and he hasn't played for half a year. I doubt we'll see the true Ottens in 03.

But he's no hack or dud.