Duncan Kellaway | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Duncan Kellaway

Dean3

Older than I've ever been
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
I know this is nothing stunning — but surely we are witnessing his final season. Try as I might, I can't see him going around again next year. It will be a sad day when diggler calls his press conference, but something tells me it is but a couple of months away.

I hope he makes it back to the ones soon — we need his brand of commitment at the ball and man desperately right now.

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
Dean3, I think you are right, Duncs days may well be numbered. I've heard that his absence last week was more then just a niggle, he's done his hammy........again,

Dean3

Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
On hearing that, and knowing what a club man he is, I wouldn't be surprised if he pulled the plug soon to give a young rookie a go. Wouldn't be surprised at all...

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Speaking of rookies, can't we promote a rookie now seeing that we are short on our list. Apparently Moore shows potential.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I can't type much. The tears have flooded my keyboard. :'( :'( :'(

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
Yes Harry, we can promote rookies. Kel Mooore shows alot but he is only 18 and still at school. He another long term project. And there isn't much of him. He is very "gangerly" (sp). But a beautiful left foot kick

Shawry, - if Duncan was to retire we would have to pay him out but even with that I think we could afford to pay Moore.

Dean3

Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
Sorry Rosy, didn't mean to upset you. Just preparing for what seems like the inevitable. I think many of us would have been thinking the same thing about Dunc.

Rampaging_Richo

Making the easy seem incredible
Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
Stick a fork in Duncan.

He may play again this year, but clearly his body isn't able to take him the places that his mind wants to go to.

If he is shot, I would like to see him bow out gracefully rather than wallow at Coburg missing every second week with "sore" hamstrings.

If he did retire, we would be able to put a rookie on the list as the TPP is calculated on players like Duncan playing in the ones not Coburg where he would earn less per match. If he did retire, I wouldn't be surprised if Dunc made some allowance in his termination payment to get one of the rookie kids onto the list being the team man he is. Anyway, the AFL will determine if we can elevate a rookie.

God bless you Duncan

mellowyellow

Tiger Matchwinner
Dec 18, 2002
Fireman_Sam said:
Hey Mellow Yellow, Happy Birthday for tomorrow. ;)

Cheer's FS :) , it will be a full day and i'm looking forward to it,i just wish those around me would stop reminding me how old i really am. ;)

Laff

September showers
Dec 19, 2002
Its time to go...........................................Duncan

crackertiger

Swan street 2017
Jan 4, 2003
melbourne
Great team Man!!!!!

I think his team mates will remember plenty about those Helicoptor Hospital passes he gave them.

Time to go Dunc.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Rampaging Richo said:
If he did retire, I wouldn't be surprised if Dunc made some allowance in his termination payment to get one of the rookie kids onto the list being the team man he is. God bless you Duncan

I'm pretty sure Dunc took a paycut in the Gaspar contract situation. If that's the case his contract is possibly loaded this year.
Whatever the case, here's hoping he gets fit soon and plays a good part in our second half of the season.
Go Dunc.

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
Ok, I'll say something. Good riddans. Any descent club that knows that talented players win premierships would of flicked him years ago.
Yes he has a heart as big as Phar Lap, but he is an utter dud footballer, whose only claim to fame is stopping players. Boring.
Lets see what they dish out on the highlite reel when he retires. I bet it will only be the strong marks he used to take in packs circa 1994/95. A long long, long time ago.
Who was the moron in the first place to make him a midfielder?
Its players like him that give us a name. Mediocrity.

If the club is fair dinkum, he should be Capuanoed immediately and let someone with fresh legs take his place.
Laffs, you are a breath of fresh air.