Paddy McCartin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Paddy McCartin

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Yesterday Paddy McCartin was concussed AGAIN. That concussion no.8 for him. Whilst I doubt he,ll retire I honestly doubt he,ll go on to be the player he could’ve been. Shame.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
tigertim said:
Yesterday Paddy McCartin was concussed AGAIN. That concussion no.8 for him. Whilst I doubt he,ll retire I honestly doubt he,ll go on to be the player he could’ve been. Shame.

And they always seem pretty innocuous. Much like Griffiths.

Wonder how badly he suffers pot concussion with headaches etc?

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
MD Jazz said:
And they always seem pretty innocuous. Much like Griffiths.

Wonder how badly he suffers pot concussion with headaches etc?

bad situation, but that bought back memories !!

Tiger Ghost

Tiger Superstar
Nov 19, 2010
Your mums house
Feel for his parents, Paddy with 8 concussions that we know of and his brother Tom with injury/health scare. Maybe the boys just aren't cut out for senior footy.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
He obviously has some condition which would cause him to be concussed so many times. Accumulation effect? Should have probably retired a while ago. Is footy that important?

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006
Jon Brown was blabbing on incoherently on 360 last night about McCartin. He said he had to become more resilient.

But Brown, who suffered plenty of concussions himself, was inadvertently making the case for McCartin to retire immediately.

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
I feel sorry for Paddy but for his health issues he could have fulfilled his dreams.

Diabetes and concussions are not a great mix.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
JimJessTorp said:
Terrible for the bloke.

8 times eh Zips?

Any idea how many times Griffens was concussed before he decided to call it a day?

Very very similar. Stklida should just cut him loose.

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
scottyturnerscurse said:
Jon Brown was blabbing on incoherently on 360 last night about McCartin. He said he had to become more resilient.

But Brown, who suffered plenty of concussions himself, was inadvertently making the case for McCartin to retire immediately.

How does one become more resilient against concussions. Just ignorant commentary from Brown.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
IanG said:
How does one become more resilient against concussions. Just ignorant commentary from Brown.
You either need to learn to get concussed more (and become resilient) or just not get concussed when you get hit...... :spin

English got a concussion and wears a helmet. Whilst these blokes keep ignoring science they will get worse.

English actually said "I feel more confident with the helmet and and better at going in with my head over the ball" (paraphrasing)

The helmet makes it more likely to happen again. The club Mexico's need to harden up and step in