Parody Religions (Now with TCOLDE) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Parody Religions (Now with TCOLDE)

Anduril

You bow to no one!
Jul 29, 2004
Melbourne
jb03 said:
Anduril said:
By destroying the One Ring.

It wasn't by choice so can hardly be classified as redemption.

Think our prophet Tolkien would disagree with you, but hey that's the beauty of TCOLDE, we can all interpret in our own way.

Nice one Evo, Lucy is a fave of mine....but now they've found even older ones. (Afarensis I mean).
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/4322687.stm

I reckon we should petition the mods and have our own thread. After all this is the one church.

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
No worries.

Theres no hierarchy in our religion,Anduril.It's egalitarian.

Anywhere it goes is ok with me. :angel:

Tiger74

In deedily doodily neighbourino!
Jul 2, 2004
Melbourne
evo said:
No worries.

Theres no hierarchy in our religion,Anduril.It's egalitarian.

Anywhere it goes is ok with me. :angel:

What about us who rejectyour elven doctrines and follow in the drunken steps of the mighty Hobbits?

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
Tiger74 said:
What about us who rejectyour elven doctrines and follow in the drunken steps of the mighty Hobbits?
It is up to you how you intepret the doctrines.You are the teacher.

Or as a wise man once said

These teachings are like a raft, to be abandoned once you have crossed the flood.
Since you should abandon even good states of mind generated by these teachings,
How much more so should you abandon bad states of mind!
;)

Stripes

Come on Tiges...LIFT!!!
Oct 19, 2006
;D

"Deluded thoughts are unnecessary and unwanted patterns of electrical impulses in the brain. They make you believe things really exist in themselves, thus making you feel insufficient and insecure."

Tiger74

Jul 2, 2004
Melbourne
Time for Hobbits to drink, its 5pm, I have officially resigned, this missus will be home late, and the Tigers aint losing this weekend.

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
Stripes said:
;D

"Deluded thoughts are unnecessary and unwanted patterns of electrical impulses in the brain. They make you believe things really exist in themselves, thus making you feel insufficient and insecure."
You are truly 'of the elf' :)

Things are not what they appear to be: nor are they otherwise :angel:

Stripes

Come on Tiges...LIFT!!!
Oct 19, 2006
I love that quote Evo.

This also holds true:

"At least two-thirds of our miseries spring from human stupidity, human malice and those great motivators and justifiers of malice and stupidity: idealism, dogmatism and proselytizing zeal on behalf of religous or political ideas."

Curtiger

Tiger Champion
Oct 26, 2004
Moreland, Melbourne
evo said:
As Epicurus our great Greek forefather ,millenia before once said....

"Death is nothing to us"
His most inspiring words, IMO. Embraced mortality with all the enthusiasm of the more modern existentialists.

Woot, Epicurus!

Tiger74

Jul 2, 2004
Melbourne
what if there is no religion, and the theory that we are all in an experiment being run by mice is true?

personally it makes sense to me, my current job feels a bit like one of those treadmills mices think is nices :)