Parody Religions (Now with TCOLDE) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Parody Religions (Now with TCOLDE)

Curtiger

Tiger Champion
Oct 26, 2004
Moreland, Melbourne
I remember a few years ago being directed to the Flying Spaghetti Monster and discussing His Noodliness with other PREnders on a few other threads.

For those of you who want to know what it is to be Pastafarian, you should start by clicking that link to see its origins and then the finer details of it (in case you get converted) ;).

Just wanted to know what posters think of the FSM and other parody religions like Last Thursdayism.

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
How could anyone NOT be persuaded by the Spaghetti Monsters graph in relation to Pirates effect on climate?it's incontrovertable.

pahoffm

No one player is bigger than the club.
Mar 24, 2004
Always looking for a well priced religion for sale. Great for tax time.

If I buy one, can I get a 2nd one free for my wife to use?

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
Phantom.Start an existentialist religion.I'll be your first disciple.

First order of buisness will be to start a holy war with the Post modernists for worshiping false prophets.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Rastafarianism is ludicrous, just happens that its followers make extremely cool music to swing in a hammock and sip rum and pineapple juice to on a summers day.

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
Pastafarianism is a whole different religion,TS.Although I'm sure they wouldn't object to one pulling cones and listening to Peter Tosh.

Tiger Attack

Tiger Superstar
Apr 17, 2007
evo said:
Phantom.Start an existentialist religion.I'll be your first disciple.

First order of buisness will be to start a holy war with the Post modernists for worshiping false prophets.

You sly bugger! You're biting off more than u can chew man!

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
Tiger Attack said:
You're biting off more than u can chew man!
Indeed i am.Thats why i need the weight of numbers behind me.

Thats how these things work isn't it?

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
Camus is most welcome in our religion.I love a good absurdist.he could definately get a chapter in our Bible.

Tiger Attack

Tiger Superstar
Apr 17, 2007
evo said:
Camus is most welcome in our religion.I love a good absurdist.he could definately get a chapter in our Bible.

The Gospel according to Albert would begin:

'Mother died today, or was it yesterday?'

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
This is the inherent beauty in our religion.The Gospels write themselves.

Stripes

Come on Tiges...LIFT!!!
Oct 19, 2006
Tiger Attack said:
evo said:
This is the inherent beauty in our religion.The Gospels write themselves.

Or perhaps they are already written. Spooky.

Only to be deciphered again by our own experiential knowing.

"It seems virtually certain that I shall never know what it feels like to be Sir John Falstaff or Joe Louis. On the other hand, it had always seemed to me possible that, through hypnosis, for example, or auto-hypnosis, by means of systematic meditation, or else by taking the appropriate drug, I might so change my ordinary mode of consciousness as to be able to know, from the inside, what the visionary, the medium, even the mystic were talking about."

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
Now your talking Stripes m'lady.

I'd give Aldous Huxley a chapter too.

The man who comes back through the Door in the Wall will never be quite the same as the man who went out. He will be wiser but less sure, happier but less self-satisfied, humbler in acknowledging his ignorance yet better equipped to understand the relationship of words to things, of systematic reasoning to the unfathomable mystery which it tries, forever vainly, to comprehend :)

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
Geeze jb,I was just coming out of the 'door' and i see you dragging me to a poker tournament.

Bealzebub.! >:D