Patrick Naish | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact admin@puntroadend.com // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Patrick Naish

caesar

Tiger Champion
Feb 9, 2015
3,499
2,371
There is an article about Patrick Naish on the AFL official website for those that are interested.

Links to the the AFL website are not permitted here so go to the site and check it out for yourselves.
 

nafe brown

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 22, 2014
597
12
Good article looking forward to see how he progresses throughout this year as it stands now where do people think he will go in the draft??
 

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
6,554
161
Thanks for the heads up on the story.

It's good to read that the club is being very professional in their dealings with young Patrick.
 

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
19,893
959
nafe brown said:
Good article looking forward to see how he progresses throughout this year as it stands now where do people think he will go in the draft??
Right now 15-25. that will change on his form line this year. If you read the article, it's pretty clear by the amount of work the club has put into him, that he will be at Tiger Land next year unless something goes dramatically wrong.

What we need is to have our first two picks in the first round out of the way before he is selected. Go for two talls, then get Naish. It's basically like getting three first round picks out of this draft.
 

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
2,720
417
SCOOP said:
Right now 15-25. that will change on his form line this year. If you read the article, it's pretty clear by the amount of work the club has put into him, that he will be at Tiger Land next year unless something goes dramatically wrong.

What we need is to have our first two picks in the first round out of the way before he is selected. Go for two talls, then get Naish. It's basically like getting three first round picks out of this draft.
reckon that's what we are hoping to do with the 2 x 3rd rounders we have.

here is the link to the story on RFC
http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2017-01-19/Father-son%20prospect%20tames%20the%20Tiger%20nerves
 

tigerdave

Ya just gotta stand in line
Feb 1, 2006
7,840
3
What I found interesting is that 13 clubs are sending scouts over there as well.

How times have changed?
 

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
19,893
959
tigerdave said:
What I found interesting is that 13 clubs are sending scouts over there as well.

How times have changed?
We didn't send anyone last year but with 2 first round picks this year I'm hoping we sent someone over.

If we didn't we are giving 13 other clubs an advantage.
 

tigerdave

Ya just gotta stand in line
Feb 1, 2006
7,840
3
SCOOP said:
We didn't send anyone last year but with 2 first round picks this year I'm hoping we sent someone over.

If we didn't we are giving 13 other clubs an advantage.
Surely we have SCOOP.But this is Richmond we're talking about.
 

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
2,720
417
SCOOP said:
We didn't send anyone last year but with 2 first round picks this year I'm hoping we sent someone over.

If we didn't we are giving 13 other clubs an advantage.
i tweeted one of our Podcast guys about this very question, he just confirmed that Matty Clarke is in fact over there.

now to hide Naish so he's not bid on before our 1st 2 picks....
 

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
12,384
0
Jonesracing82 said:
i tweeted one of our Podcast guys about this very question, he just confirmed that Matty Clarke is in fact over there.

now to hide Naish so he's not bid on before our 1st 2 picks....
It will be done, of that I have no doubt. We need to take a leaf out of Collingwood's book.
 

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
11,412
430
Do what Dodoro tried to get Josh Caddy to do...fake an injury and sit out half the TAC year to decrease his pick value.
 

jokershoppe

Tiger Superstar
Feb 17, 2008
1,868
124
i dont think at this stage he will be bid on in first 20 picks, as been small will advantage us this time,with it being a good talls draft, then there will be too many exciting mids available first round, and worst case senario, we can use our two thirds if he gets called out .
 

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
19,893
959
We should not pick Naish until our very last pick if possible.

We just need to match. I don't care if we get him at pick 75.
 

spook

Tiger Legend
Jun 18, 2007
11,442
1,802
Melbourne
SCOOP said:
We should not pick Naish until our very last pick if possible.

We just need to match. I don't care if we get him at pick 75.
Yeah, but we have to use the next pick after someone else nominates him. We should trade this year's two third-rounders for a second-rounder next year.

Of course, there's the issue of potentially going into points deficit.
 

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
12,384
0
spook said:
Yeah, but we have to use the next pick after someone else nominates him. We should trade this year's two third-rounders for a second-rounder next year.

Of course, there's the issue of potentially going into points deficit.
Don't think the deficit would be too concerning given the 20% discount but let's just analyse the depth of this draft first (but I like the principle).