Pavlich | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pavlich

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I don't know whether you had the Dockers/Roos game live on the east coast or not it's just finished.
Pavlich got out of his sick bed to be close to be best on the ground, dockers won by a point.
There is a tear in my beer when I remind myself that we could of got him the 1999 draft.
Please Mr. Miller at this years draft don't go for a TYPE of player go for the best player in the draft.

Macca68

I'm a llama!
Mar 30, 2003
If that made you cry you'll hate this...

2000 Afl Draft...

9. Richmond - Kayne Pettifer (Murray Bushrangers)

12. Port Adelaide - Shaun Burgoyne (Port Adelaide Magpies)

18. West Coast - Daniel Kerr (East Fremantle)

67. Adelaide - Graham Johncock (Port Adelaide Magpies)

Hard job that recruiting caper!!!

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Macca68 said:
If that made you cry you'll hate this...

2000 Afl Draft...

9. Richmond - Kayne Pettifer (Murray Bushrangers)

12. Port Adelaide - Shaun Burgoyne (Port Adelaide Magpies)

18. West Coast - Daniel Kerr (East Fremantle)

67. Adelaide - Graham Johncock (Port Adelaide Magpies)

Macca

You know how to rub salt into the wound :'(

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
If Kayne gets selected in the senior team and has a real fair dinkum crack I'll spew. (Thanks Terry ;D) He hasn't done a thing in 2 years when we've needed it.

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
Macca68 said:

The majority view on this Board seems to be that the recruitment of players has a lot to do with the situation we're in.

It's hard not to agree with those views, but I also believe that the development of players is just as critical a factor as recruitment or any other.

I've said in the past, we could have got a Pavlich to our Club and he would no doubt do well, but I don't think he would develop as quickly as he might elsewhere.

Michael Voss would have a hard time looking like the footballer he is if he came to Richmond. He would stand out, but I just don't think he would be getting as much out of himself as he does at Brisbane.

So while people want to lay the blame squarely at our recruitment, I think it's the development of players that needs just as much scrutiny.

Players who have been here for a number of years are no better now than when they first arrived. That's not just a concern, it's sad. :'(

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
I agree MC24, jsut look at how Bowden has deteriorated.

Pettifer nad Fiors ahvent realyl comeon either.

Maybe things are gettign better with the likes of Cogs rodan and Newman coming on, but it is my qway of looking at it too.

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
shawry said:
Maybe things are gettign better with the likes of Cogs rodan and Newman coming on, but it is my qway of looking at it too.

Maybe they are shawry. Or maybe it says more about them than it does the Club's ability to help them in any real or positive way. How can we know for certain?

We'll have to wait and see I guess. For their sake, I hope they don't end up like Richo and Joel. All the ability and talent in the world and nothing to show for it.