Peter Norman - Black Power Political Statement | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Peter Norman - Black Power Political Statement

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
IIRC this was a very badly missed opportunity at the 2000 games in Sydney. The AOC were absolutely aware of the situation but chose not to acknowledge it and give him the credit he deserved.

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-09-13/group-calls-for-statue-of-australian-athlete-peter-norman/8906244

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
I love the Peter Norman story. That doco by his nephew is group 1. The Australian Olympic Committee acted disgracefully. Hope he gets the statue.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
jb03 said:
I love the Peter Norman story. That doco by his nephew is group 1. The Australian Olympic Committee acted disgracefully. Hope he gets the statue.

Fully agree. Respect to a pioneer.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
jb03 said:

x3, its a ripper. As a related issue, and in light of the recent inquiry that found as such, the AOC and John Coates are Sepp Blatter-esque rotten to the core.

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
tigersnake said:
x3, its a ripper. As a related issue, and in light of the recent inquiry that found as such, the AOC and John Coates are Sepp Blatter-esque rotten to the core.

True dat.