Petition Timetable. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Petition Timetable.

I can't beleive what I'm hearing. As if future coaches or players would be put off by a supporters petition. As for loose cannons, there is nothing loose about it. This particular cannon is very rigidly and deliberately pointed at Frawley and Casey. How can that be bad??? Any potential alternative administrators would be loving this, regardless of the timing. I've had a gutfull. An angry barracker actually does something and people go to water 'cos they're scared of the big bad businessmen. Stuff 'em. At the very least they can start playing our young players and give them game time, as Harry has very articulately put time and again.

An another thing, I wonder how many Bulldogs supporters reckon Elaine Canty was 'loose cannon' or a supporter who should be traded. And as been said, the CFC unofficial selection committee were embraced by their barrackers and acheived something. But I guess they have a lower tolerance for ineptitude at Carlton.

The new coach must be appointed by the new board that will take us into the future. Let's get the ball rolling.

I can see both sides to this argument. I guess all it comes down to is "do you trust Clinton Casey and they current board to make the neccessary changes the club requires to become the force that it was once known as"?

My answer to that is a defiante NO

You can say wait til an AGM for things to happen but by waiting it could end up costing the club more money then it is to hold the EGM.

You hear reports of sponsors being rejected from the current board, and new sponsors are not going to want to come on board the way the club currently is, also how many members are we going to lose for next year if changes aint made and made fast.

We as supporters of the RFC have been kept in the dark for to long, we have put our faith in Clinton Casey and co and they have let us down time and time again. A 2.6 million dollar turn around on a budget is ridiculous yet have we heard a reason for it when membership is up?

Our season is finished, it has been since round 5, if people wont sign because of fears of what it could cause for on field performances then that is a pretty lame reason especially after watching the same p!$$ weak performances put week in week out.

Its time for us as members to stand as one and let the club know we are not happy, it is not YOUR club it is OUR club and we deserve to know what is going wrong down there.

crackertiger said:
This club can ill afford a petition right now. Leave it till the AGM.
The AGM would most likely be at the end of January 2005, far too late.

The off-field planning for the 2005 season is happening right now, if you want to give a new board a chance to start getting things right then the sooner they are in the better.

This season is unsalvageable on and off the field - spending $50K on a mail-out (which could be combined with a regular "Fighting Tiger" bulletin mail-out to save on costs) is a small price to pay for turning the RFC "Titanic" away from the icebergs.

Don't lock yourselves into thinking that Phantom's petition for an EGM is all that is happening, let's all see if a positive alternative becomes public in the next couple of weeks.

agreed david c
there's too many people putting themselves ahead of the club
they don't want a spill now - let's wait till it is too late

If they sent out the info with the fighting tiger it would cost nowhere near $50K, more like $5-10K. Just more bluff from a hopeless joke.

the way i see it donald duck could run the club better than casey, and mickey mouse could coach better than frawley. the sooner these two are gone the better. lets face it who ever takes over could do no worse than whats been happening over the last 5 or 20  years.
GO PHANTOM.

I don't trust anything this board does. It is a complete joke and has brought this once great club to its knees in only 5 years :eek: So, excuse me if I don't have any faith in the so called "process" that they are undertaking to appoint a new coach, CEO, and get the club trading in the black again :p

Casey is a complete moron and he can just *smile* off :mad: I can't believe after everything he and Frawley have done to root this club that there are people out there who have faith in what they do ??? That is just unbelievable but so typical of the mediocrity accepting nature of many Richmond supporters. As for Miller, it's about time he put up or shut up. All he is at the moment is *smile* and wind! If he didn't change Frawley's contract a lot of this crap we are in at the moment wouldn't have eventuated.

So, I want Casey, Frawley and the merry band of morons gone ASAP. However, I will admit to being dubious about this petition. Where's the alternative ticket? Whilst I don't think the average 10 year old could do a worse job at running the club than Casey & Co, I don't particularly want an immediate change without a prospective board ready to go. I won't sign until more information comes to light.

SO MANY PEOPLE ON THIS SITE COMPLAIN BITTERLY ABOUT DUDLY AND CASEY AND THE WAY THINGS ARE RUN BUT WHEN YOU FINALLY GET A CHANCE TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT YOU GO TO WATER. CASEY IS DESTROYING OUR CLUB AND THE SOONER HE IS GONE THE BETTER WE CN DO NO WORSE BY ACTING NOW.
IF THEY WERE IN CHARGE OF MY MONEY AND I WAS BUYING IN TO THE CLUB BASED ON PERFORMANCE THE WHOLE LOT OF THEM WOULD HAVE BEEN GONE YRS AGO.
RFC MEMBERS GET OF YOUR ASSES STOP WHINGEING DO THE RIGHT THING AND SIGN THE PETITION OR FOREVER HOLD YOUR TONGUE.

Can someone refresh my memory about the 1999 season when Gieschen and Daphne were in the same situation ?

I remember that members wanted a new and better board of directors and were happy when Casey came in

Were we as bad as Beck's recruitment ?

If so, I just hope that we don't continue running around in circles every 4 or 5 years by wanting to sack, sack , sack all the time.

Time is of the essence.

The sooner we get the ball rolling the quicker we can get things back on track (although it will take years).

Go Phantom, Casey, the Board and coaching panel have absolutely no credibility.
We could not be any worse off than we already are.
The AFL can step in and run the club if need be, but that is not going to happen, there are enough astute/experienced people who love Richmond who will come to the fore.
Start now, these idiots have shown that they are not capable
of running the club, why should we trust them to choose our next coach etc?

tigerjoe said:
Time is of the essence.

The sooner we get the ball rolling the quicker we can get things back on track (although it will take years).

Go Phantom, Casey, the Board and coaching panel have absolutely no credibility.
We could not be any worse off than we already are.
The AFL can step in and run the club if need be, but that is not going to happen, there are enough astute/experienced people who love Richmond who will come to the fore.
Start now, these idiots have shown that they are not capable
of running the club, why should we trust them to choose our next coach etc?

Here here Joe.

Bringing this up to the top again. The next coaching panel and recruiting manager must be selected by the new board. Casey and co. cannot and should not be in charge of this vital decision.

Everyone wants change. I want change, but not change at any cost. Read the press today; watch the interview with Phantom on Fox. I didn't see a well-organised challenge going on. I saw a poorly organised beggar sitting at the front of the MCG looking for someone to give him a hand out.

If we even believe what was in the Press article and the interview, I did not see a professional well-organised challenge going on. What I did see and hear was that every Richmond member was queuing up to sign, Board members and Coterie members alike, what garbage.

There is no alternative at this point, there is nothing that I can see that gives me any hope that this is the correct coarse of action.

We all keep running down the existing incumbents and it is our right as members to do so.

The facts speak for themselves on Frawley and Casey, but where are the facts on the alternatives?

If we wish to mount a challenge then lets do it professionally, in a well-planned and coordinated way and understand what the end objective is. Getting rid of Casey and Frawley is the least and smallest part of the problem.

A few more weeks is not going to make a bit of difference financially.

Lets mount a real challenge and have coaches, administrators and potential board members queuing up to join us once more. Lets do it in a professional and business like way and lets see if we can step into the 21st century, and bury the witch hunt mentality once and for all.

You need to get your glasses prescription checked Muncho man. I saw something very different to you. I saw a committed, passionate club member who is following the courage of his conviction. The very plain fact is that regardless of what happens now, Phantom has already sent a strong message to the board that the grass roots are angry, and I for one thank him for that.

And as for witchhunt, that word refers to an unjustified persecution of someone or a group. I reckon this action is perfectly justified. Are you suggesting the Coaching staff and Admin should not be brought to account after 5 years?

I'm sick to death of this 'we eat our own' crap. The pendulum has swung too far the other way. We should have eaten Frawley at the end of 2002, at least 2003. He has had 5 bloody years, half a decade of coaching the club I love. Bring GR back from the grave I reckon.

And as I said in an earlier post, any good alternative ticket would loving this, it just gives them even more political leverage.

Sixty signatures Phantom!!! Have a good holiday, business trip or whatever. Hopefully when you return the real revolution will be gaining momentum, a revolution that has a plan, not just some half baked idea with no alternative people in place to take over.

the claw said:
SO MANY PEOPLE ON THIS SITE COMPLAIN BITTERLY ABOUT DUDLY AND CASEY AND THE WAY THINGS ARE RUN BUT WHEN YOU FINALLY GET A CHANCE TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT YOU GO TO WATER. CASEY IS DESTROYING OUR CLUB AND THE SOONER HE IS GONE THE BETTER WE CN DO NO WORSE BY ACTING NOW.
IF THEY WERE IN CHARGE OF MY MONEY AND I WAS BUYING IN TO THE CLUB BASED ON PERFORMANCE THE WHOLE LOT OF THEM WOULD HAVE BEEN GONE YRS AGO.
RFC MEMBERS GET OF YOUR ASSES STOP WHINGEING DO THE RIGHT THING AND SIGN THE PETITION OR FOREVER HOLD YOUR TONGUE.
who are the alternatives to the current board.answer me that and i.ll sign.if not then your the one who should hold your tongue.