Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

Rantnrave

Tiger Legend
May 6, 2008
atrocious tonight...selfish,undisciplined and a little arrogane.....almost enight to see him dropped for ross next week id say

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
atrocious tonight...selfish,undisciplined and a little arrogane.....almost enight to see him dropped for ross next week id say
I don't think this is likely, he's been our best mid most weeks. He'll get the kick in the bum he deserves and come back better for it.

Reactions: 1 user

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Has looked predictable for a while and has been shut down recently.

He's overcooking the ball. Our method is coming unstuck a little.

Had we trained him to use the ball immediately he would be less predictable now. But it's not that easy. Shai will take time.

The propaganda from RFC is that Shai has always been a midfielder. I think he's a half back.

Reactions: 1 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Geez he better turn it on next week. He owes the team after that performance tonight. The 2 x 50m penalties lead to goals in a 15 point game.

If it was a H&A game I reckon Dimma drops him. But he gets a chance to make amends next week.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
I think every time Shai gets caught with the ball the coaches have failed.

Shai is not Titch.

Reactions: 2 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Geez he better turn it on next week. He owes the team after that performance tonight. The 2 x 50m penalties lead to goals in a 15 point game.

If it was a H&A game I reckon Dimma drops him. But he gets a chance to make amends next week.

The first one he was trying to get mcinerneys hands from off his throat.

A *smile* joke.

Brisbanes tough guy *smile* worked tonight

It sucked us and the umps right in.

Makes it harder to swallow

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
The first one he was trying to get mcinerneys hands from off his throat.

A *smile* joke.

Brisbanes tough guy *smile* worked tonight

It sucked us and the umps right in.

Makes it harder to swallow
Don't agree ezy. McInerney hardly touched him. Shai got the *smile* because was trying to be too fancy and got tackled by a slow dopey ruckman. Stupid stuff from Shai.

He needs to use the first option more. He's getting caught with the ball a lot more lately.

Reactions: 4 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013

The 2nd one wouldn't have led to a goal without the 2nd 50m penalty, probably not enough time on the board for them to score without it.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
The 2nd one wouldn't have led to a goal without the 2nd 50m penalty, probably not enough time on the board for them to score without it.
Yes on its own I agree but he shouldn't have kicked the ball away when he did; it was well after the whistle. If he had have just given the ball back there wouldn't have ben any argy bargy and Pickett wouldn't have been so stupid to give away the second 50.

Poor discipline from both those players tonight. Very costly.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Has been caught red handed several times in recent weeks. And often with plenty of prior opportunity..very frustrating to see him waste possessions like that.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Improved his reputation in the game by taking the game on, yep frustrating when he gets caught ,,however I wouldn’t be telling him to stop trying to create just needs to take first option a little more , get the balance right

Reactions: 3 users

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
I still think he's a prototype Richmond small forward.

Except more deadly with the ball.

And we have natural midfielders not selected?

We also have small forwards not performing.

Hmmm.

saigon tiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 4, 2010
Arts or Castagna dropped Shai back to the forward line. At the drop of the ball in the forward line we have been beaten most of the year!

tigre garçon

Yes, 2017, 2019 and 2020... were very good years!
Apr 22, 2004
Shai is 21 years old...

How many seasons did we watch Shedda slowly build to the player he is now? 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 were his formative years, lots of positives, but lots of frustration watching on as a supporter.

... give him some time!

Reactions: 10 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Kid's still learning to play midfield at AFL level. Sometimes gets caught trying when to do too much, but when he finds / creates that extra half second of space he's sublime.
We got beat up last night by a Brisvegas side desperate for vengeance n relevance while we were still trying to shake off a combination of too much rust, cobwebs, finals inexperience n injury niggles all at the same time. Get another look at this mob in a Granny n we take them down by five goals or more.

Reactions: 4 users