Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I have an immense dislike of Bartlett but even so I reckon that is a massive call.
We'll see when he retires and what the next 5 years show. I'm not one for who's better than who, so I'd accept both as the greatest 29s we've had.

Reactions: 1 user

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Won’t be long now and Quinton will have been given a life line by the Tiges :)) I liken this to a champion thoroughbred and his pony mate

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Great news. Brilliant early Christmas present.

There was a bit of angst when the RFC started up the Korin Gamadji Institute with a fair few punters saying we'd be better off investing that money into football. I imagine these days they'd call it a woke decision.

But looking back now we've come from a club that had little indigenous representation in the Dreamtime match to having a cluster of indigenous players who love it at RFC and are thriving. I don't think it's a coincidence.

• Love
Reactions: 22 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Excellent signing, Bolton is exciting, incredibly elusive and just a great player to have.

A 5 year deal is great news, if he ends up leaving at the end of 5 years because of homesickness then I'll still be happy, but hopefully he will stay for his whole career.

DS

Reactions: 2 users

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Excellent signing, Bolton is exciting, incredibly elusive and just a great player to have.

A 5 year deal is great news, if he ends up leaving at the end of 5 years because of homesickness then I'll still be happy, but hopefully he will stay for his whole career.

DS
essentially 6 years as he was already contracted for 2023

Now up to Oct 30 2028

Reactions: 5 users

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
I have an immense dislike of Bartlett but even so I reckon that is a massive call.
I have absolutely no difficulty with the idea that he will be seen as an equal by the end of his career. 400 + games probably not but 5 premierships is not beyond the realms of possibility.
Plays the game like few others before him.

Picks up the team when he has to.
Can’t remember his last poor game.

Reactions: 1 users

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
I have absolutely no difficulty with the idea that he will be seen as an equal by the end of his career. 400 + games probably not but 5 premierships is not beyond the realms of possibility.
Plays the game like few others before him.

Picks up the team when he has to.
Can’t remember his last poor game.
I would suggest his last game was pretty poor

Yes he kicked a couple but 10 possies ........

Sorry Caesar :)

Reactions: 1 user

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
essentially 6 years as he was already contracted for 2023

Now up to Oct 30 2028
Not necessarily.
Could have torn up his current contract on less money and started from scratch on higher money which would have been a financial incentive to sign.
Has been done before

jimbob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 20, 2008
Traralgon
BREAKING NEWS!

17 AFL Clubs in uproar that apparently Shai Bolton has re-signed at Richmond for a further 5 years. All of them are in agreement that is may be the worst Christmas ever.

Quotes from selected individuals:

Alastair Clarkson. “this is XXXXed, the AFL promised me he would be available at the end of 23. I am not sure I want to stay on at North”
Eddie McGuire (the Ex/current President of Collingwood), “‘how does this happen? They will have salary cap problems and I should know”
James Sheedy-Robertson “not sure I/we want to backstab Brad Scott too quickly now, I/we might keep my/our powder dry for a while”
Kane Cornes “What the??? How many free kicks does Richmond get. The AFL just continues to give them a leg up over and over and over” Cornes last seen being transported to emergency as he was foaming at the mouth and exhibited clear signs of rabies.
Adam Simpson “‘I am not sure this is legal. He comes from W.A. I think it is against the law”
Chris Scott/Steve Hocking “How can Richmond afford it? This needs to be investigated. We thought we would sign him next year for $500 a week. That’s all our players are paid”.
John Longmire. ‘Mmmmph….mmmph…..grunt….gurgle….mmmph..” nothing clearer as he was talking behind his hand and no-one could understand him.
Gillon McLaughlin “ummm..ooops…..we did we what we could to stop it, cos everyone else complained, but everything checks out. Even stuff we made up on the go to trap them. I am retiring soon. So, it’s not my fault if Richmond return to the Premiership list”

Brendon Gale. No comment. Just a grin from ear to ear. Last seen heading to a pub in Brunswick in a Santa suit with Neil Balme and Damian Hardwick for a couple of frothies. After all it’s a warm day for a change. Apparently the publican, one Michael Molloy of Richmond has promised them free beers.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY !!!! WOO *smile* HOO!!!!!!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Well thats Shai signed and sealed!!. HE'S STAYIN !!

No need for Narkle now ......................................Ok he can play VFl :))

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users