Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Don't you need the victim to make a statement so charges can be filed though? I don't think a third party can have someone charged on another's behalf, can they?

I thought even for a civil case you need to first have a conviction in court.

Thats true in the US but not in Australia.

If the police feel that they have enough evidence for a conviction even if the victim doesn't want to press charges then they will. Its the police not the individual that makes that decision in Australia (as we are based on UK law).

IMO this is a much better position than the US where intimidation of the victim can mean charges are dropped and the individual cannot be prosecuted.

That doesn't mean that intimidation cannot occur in Australia, it sure can and it does make it harder to prosecute but for example, if Rioli and Bolton don't want to press charges but the police get hold of CCTV showing an assault they will make the decision on that evidence whether to press charges.

Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
My understanding is that the whole press charges thing is not a thing at all under Australian (would be state laws in these cases) law. It is the police who press charges not victims. That said, the police are hardly going to bother if the victim is reluctant to give evidence. They might do it if there are other witnesses enthusiastic about coming forward and then they could subpoena the victims but for assault not likely to happen.

You don't need a conviction for a civil case. In fact, you can mount a civil case if a conviction fails as the burden of proof is lower: beyond reasonable doubt versus on the balance of probability.

DS

PS: and what Monsieur Poshman said

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Hey @caesar. ... I've been incommunicado last few days.... interested to know if on your travels past the club you've seen any sign of construction, possibly gallows?..... or at the very least some stocks so the puritans of the footy world can come by and chuck a few stones at the boys!

Surely Benny has taken on board the outside noise and put our contractors in residence .......Aarts, McIntosh and Castagna to work for the greater good of humanity!

(Not sure I thought we could ever top winning the flag after all the *smile* of last year. .... gee I hope I'm wrong.)

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Dangerflop has said players are on a "highway to nothing". Did he mean "hiding to nothing" or was he referring to the drive to Geelong?

Geelong’s new club theme song

Well, we know where we're goin'
But we don't know where we've been
And we know what we're knowin'
But we can't say what we've seen
And we're not little children
And we know what we want
And the future is certain
Give us time to work it out
We're on a road to nowhere
Come on inside
Takin' that ride to nowhere
We'll take that ride
I'm feelin' okay this mornin'
And you know
We're on a road to paradise
Here we go, here we go
We're on a ride to nowhere
Come on inside
Takin' that ride to nowhere
We'll take that ride
Maybe you wonder where you are
I don't care
Here is where time is on our side
Take you there, take you there
There's a city in my mind
Come along and take that ride
And it's all right, baby it's all right
And it's very far away
But it's growing day by day
Would you like to come along?
And you could help me sing this song
They can tell you what to do
But they'll make a fool of you
There's a city in my mind
Come along and take that ride
And it's very far away
But it's growing day by day
Would you like to come along?
You could help me sing this song
They can tell you what to do
But they'll make a fool of you

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
We're sticking behind our players as we did last year in the Kebabgate and Cholgate incidents. The media (and some on here) wanted sackings but we gave them the middle finger.
While I dont mind the club sticking up for our players, after the incident last year with Chol I am not sure we should be giving our middle finger to anyone.

Reactions: 2 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
First Shai misses out on all Australian under 22 team because our fans don't vote and now he doesn't even get mark of the round because our fans don't vote :rolleyes:
Complacent! Lift!

Or is it all opposition fans voting for anything not Richmond.

I think Richmond people just rate premiership medals over Gold Logies?

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
First Shai misses out on all Australian under 22 team because our fans don't vote and now he doesn't even get mark of the round because our fans don't vote :rolleyes:
Complacent! Lift!

It’s oppo fans and it’s Pies fans. They won’t go to games, but they can click a button. Maybe these things shouldn’t be fan awarded.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Complacent! Lift!

Colonwood supporters have nothing else to celebrate at the moment. They’ll be watching the replay of them beating north for the next month

• Haha

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I'm not sure who this shows up more.

You can't trust the general public or the AFL as far as you could kick Scott Morrison.

Last edited:

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Well that’s just ridiculous. Shouldn’t be fan voted. Tall poppy syndrome at its finest.
Of course it shouldnt be fan voted its completely stupid! Anybody could have told them that in the very first meeting when these geniuses thought it up! We've already had clear MOTY robbed in the past because of this AFL stupidity.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
There’s a panel that can include 5 other deserving marks at the end of the year, and then their votes count 10 to 1 against the fan vote. I think it came in after a fan vote gave it t a lesser mark.

tigerhalsey

RICHOOOO What A Mark!!
Jul 28, 2007
Melbourne
I've been following Collingwood's stuff a bit this year as I'm interested in one of the young blokes they drafted last year.

They are miles ahead of us in terms of communication and fan engagement.
That's because they (Collingwood) use a crm system my company provides them and Richmond wont come to the table to talk to us, which is weird considering we deal with some of the bigger afl clubs in the competition, not to mention some of the biggest sporting organisations in the world.
They have really dropped the ball on fan engagement.

Reactions: 3 users